6~Sharing a Cup of Tea

"Venti!" Siph called the little boy that seemed to drown himself in the alcohol. His cheeks were slightly flushed, and he slumped down on the table. Even if the archon cannot get drunk, Venti can find a way.

Zhongli, a man sitting across from him, had his eyes closed tasting the tea by gracefully holding the cup in his hands. He then opened his amber eyes to stare at a person who called for Venti in such a tone.

He slightly chuckled as he saw Siph running towards them.

"What are you doing here?" asked Venti, "I thought you were still running errands like that blonde guy with a braid." He took another gulp of wine between the pauses.

"I left you alone for three days and I already heard from seven people about how you made trouble!" She growled at him. She wasn't mad, she truly wasn't.

"I did nothing!" He groaned back at her, Zhongli just sat there as if he had no idea who those people were.

"Zhongli are you not going to care?" She asked as she stared with pleading eyes at him.

"Well, it truly wasn't anything horrible," he looked her in the eyes. His little earring whooshed from the slight gaze of wind, caressing his soft skin.

"He broke inside the house! He stole 3 bottles of expensive wine AND robbed a bank! You deem this as nothing?!" She nearly yelled at him. Siph felt like a mother trying to handle her children that she left unattended for a short while.

"First of all, I did not rob the bank, I nearly took the bag of mora that was lying on the floor near the hotel. Also, I took 2 bottles, not three," Venti explained.

Siph sighed as she sat down at the empty chair besides the table. She lied her face on the cold wood and stared at Zhongli, sighing.

"Please, don't do it again," she mumbled.

Venti shone brightly, and went to hug Siph, clinging to her.

Zhongli only slightly smiled, continued to tend to his tea. In a moment he spoke once again.

"Thank you," he said.

"What for?" Siph asked, unable to determine the reason on why he was expressing gratitude.

"You tended to the corrupted ley line. I was informed by Xiao," he explained in a soft voice, almost as if looking at a child that grew on his eyes.

When he first met the Pyro Archon, she seemed to be lost, unsure what to do, vulnerable. Yet now she proved that she could tend to important matters on her own.

"Oh," she spoke in surprise. "I just did what I had to."

Siph was unsure on how to take that compliment. She in fact helped the village by destroying the corrupted energy, but most of the work was done by Chongyun and Traveler, resolving the aftereffects. It didn't feel right to accept such compliment for herself.

Zhongli only smiled in response.

"You cleared the ley line corruption?!" gasped in surprise Venti almost as if the information only arrived in his head 3 minutes later. He stood from the table and slammed his hands on the wood with excitement.

Siph slightly jumped from the sudden thud on the table to which Zhongli slightly chuckled. He did look at Venti and nodded. "Yes, she cleared it."

Even if all three were the archons, Venti and Zhongli knew that for them it would have been difficult to deal with it, as their powers cannot really tend to such energy and clear it on the root.

"Amazing..." he said, slowly sitting down, coming all sober in a second.

Suddenly a cry for help down the street emerged from nowhere. A woman was running after a guy that supposedly stole her purse. Typical crime.