3~The City of Freedom

I can see it.

The lively Mondstadt, just like in the game she played back at home — was beautiful, and as if almost a reflex the Mondstadt music started playing in her ears. The tune was so charming she unknowingly started humming it quietly, looking at the sky, seeing the starter's zone way high above the clouds.

"We should walk from here, or we will scare the citizens," said Venti as Dvalin landed beside the statue under the giant tree with multiple crystalflies scattering across.

The people of Mondstadt lived without an Archon for a very long time, and seeing such a voluminous dragon flying around, coming closer and closer to the city, would only cause chaos among the townsfolk.

Siph nodded and jumped off the dragon as soon as the bard descends onto the ground.

"Thanks, Dvalin," she gently smiled into his eyes as did a light bow as a token of appreciation.

"Of course." He responded. She gently rubbed the side of his head with his approval.

"Take care!" Siph said reticently.

Dvalin once again formed a lot of wind with his wings, plummeting himself into the sky with broad swings and strong gusts of air.

"We are in Galesong Hill. It is not a far walk from Mondstadt," claimed Venti as he took out his Lyre and fumbled his fingers on the thin strings that glittered under the rays of the sun. 

That Lyre seemed awfully familiar in her memory, the design, the wood, the carvings... Siph seen it countless of times, she even memorized some songs as she had so much time to spare during the winter break and some other holidays. 

He ripped her out of her thoughts with a sudden motion of striking one of the strings, which caused shivers down her spine. 

It was out of tune.

"Venti, give that to me," she reached her hand as if a mother that is taking away her child's phone. "I will give it back," she added.

He unwantedly passed it to the Pyro Archon. She looked at those strings, one of them is about to snap while 3 or 4 were too loose. 

There was obviously no special tool to fix an instrument, but she knew every string sound of that lyre like the back of her hand, it practically rang in her hand and synchronized her memories with the current events.

I guess I have to use my fingers for it. 

While she was still alive, she had some minor experience in tuning a harp and a guitar. That knowledge should help her.

Siph found the closest rock, under the apple tree, and sat down with crossed legs, setting the lyre in her lap in most comfortable position for tuning. 

She had very fine hearing and could differentiate a tuned and out of tune instrument.

She closed her eyes and started with the first string, sound being too dull. There were seven in total. Sometimes she twisted the top knot a little too much making the sound too high, and with the opposite too low. It was hard to balance it out without a fine tuner. 

An hour and a half past.

She saw him munching on the apples, and casually throw away the cobs on the fine blades of the grass, allowing the mother nature to break down the leftovers.

"Here, try it out now," she gently returns the Lyre to its owner. 

 He accepted the Lyre back and did strike the string once again.

"Ah! It has such a better, more pleasant sound! Thanks, Siph!"

A childish Archon indeed behaved very much so, the only thing that is left to see, is him getting himself drunk and then suffering from a hangover.