6~The Hidden Truth

[A/N: Artist - Genshin Impact, Source: Twitter, Occasion: Kaeya's Birthday.]

"What are you?" Diluc asked.

Siph tensed her expression, and her eyelashes trembled. 

"Why are you asking," she replied, waiting for him to start questioning all the weird instances and moments that happened, thinking whether she should reply honestly or lie.

"It seems like you don't want to talk about it," sighed Diluc, giving up, not concerned about her question whatsoever.

Diluc understood that her Pyro is different from any Pyro he saw previously, it was too strong and too flexible. The fact that her Pyro can affect the vision is something that was 'out of the mortal world' for him.

"I... promise me that no one will ever know about this," she begged with her eyes telling many more things than her words.

Siph was tired of keeping everything inside her. She was alone for 300 years, and the only person she met was Venti. Yet he left her, abandoned like the unnecessary coin in the wallet. She never came into the city because she didn't know what could happen. This 16-year-old girl that obtained a power of the Archon and yet she has no idea what to do with it. What if she ruins that city to the ashes? What if she intervenes in the timeline and everything goes to hell? She was scared from the high responsibility. That's why she chose seclusion. Even if it didn't feel long, the loneliness was endless, it was too hard to explain what has happened, almost like there was an intervention.

She doesn't blame Venti, she understood him. She was just discouraged that he did not uphold his promise. Maybe the flute was the way to visit her, she w ould not know unless she spoke to him. He was an archon, he was actually part of the timeline, the actual part of Teyvat. That was so unlike her, a foreigner that took the body of an Archon and pretend to be someone she isn't

Diluc gave her a promising look. The look that gave her reassurance, the look that brought her comfort, the look she could trust. 

"I am not someone I am," she started, taking a heavy breath, staring at her hands, burning a hole in them. "I am a person that took something that belonged to someone else."

She tried to speak vague as if blaming herself for starting everything. She can't be honest, but she doesn't want to lie.

"I am Siph, not her," she closed her eyes shut, as her right foot started to bounce as they sat on the warm sofa near the fireplace that lightly tapped the light on their feet and faces.

"I don't like fire, I don't like wine, then why am I seeing these things over and over, as if reminding me of that moment," holding herself to not stutter she poured her soul out, almost hugging herself with her hands in a hug, trying to find comfort and safety. "I just want to have friends, travel, and enjoy the food, the scenery, the fun, the family..." she paused and only mumbled. "That I no longer have..."

She got emotional. Was it okay? Was it? 

She lived in this world for years, yet she experienced nothing, it was like living in the apartment but never taking a step outside. She locked herself out to protect from something that is dwelling inside her. She felt it, the powerful surge that was overwhelming. After all those years, it felt as if she could finally go out and enjoy some of it. But what was that feeling? Those years were nothing, they passed in the glance but to a mortal it seemed like living the same day, seeing the same thing to the point nothing felt like home.

When she was in Stormterror's lair, her power went out of control so many times, she burned grass, she burned animals, yet thankfully, she quickly got the control back. She hated it, the scenery of burning fire, yet she had to use it. She tried to ignore, she tried to be proud of it. Tried to make it seem like she finally is the master of her own flame, that it will never burn her again, and forget the memories that came right before her eyes. The cellar and her being engulfed in that painful death.