3~Mission Complete

The disaster barely passed. It was still, stale almost. It was this disgusting taste that we lost something. Like there was no way back and this war was forever a loss for Teyvat. Tsaritsa won, it seemed, she received the gnosis and now she has all of them. All seven, all elements. Siph is gone with Murata and there was no way to bring her back. 

Tsaritsa was smart to use Siph in the contract. While Murata was on the leash to complete the contract, Siph was on a leash to stop her little friends from attacking. It was all gain and no loss. Kept watch like a guardian dog.

Xiao was still out from the touch of an Archon, seemed like it was a special method for his madness to not escape, for him to still remain human, and for him to still be with the city, with its people, with his Archon. Perhaps, Zhongli was just selfish and didn't want to be left alone by his last Yaksha. 

He sat there, near the window of his house, behind the sandbearer table. Liyue Harbor didn't undergo much damage because the war was too short. It was interrupted but no one said that the war was over. The Yaksha laid on the bed that was too far away, separated by a little Chinese screen panel where the glaze lily flowers were painted in a grassy field accompanied by the vivid rays of morning light.

Zhongli just took a few sips out of his cup, waiting for the awakening of his Adepti. 

Yae Miko on the other hand arrived at the border of Liyue, and took care of Ei as her old friend, surprised by the wound, and by the whole thing that she heard about the sky collapsing on its own. She saw it from the Grand Narukami Shrine, but it wasn't as vivid because it was just that far away in the ocean from Inazuma, consumed by the waves.

Yaksha didn't move, he was static, too still as if dead only chest rising up and down in rhythmic motion, once in a while, Zhongli was back to his mortal appearance and checked if he was breathing with a back of his hand, even if he can hear the heartbeat, he preferred to verify it the old way to feel the warmth of the breath.

________

He found himself in this blank space. An opposite of his dreams, the pitch black. It was the calmness of light yet at the same time it looked like a prison, too pure that the soul of the person darkens in comparison, unable to escape. It trapped those that weren't as white and chained them down to the place. 

Step after another step, the scenery started to change. 

"Where am I?" He said to himself, not sure of how to escape and whether it was worth escaping. His friend was gone, and this felt like a betrayal from the side of the Geo Archon, maybe if they all just tried a bit harder, or if he himself was just a bit stronger, perhaps saving her wouldn't be so incomprehensibly difficult.

Soon the grass emerged right under his feet. It was imaginary though, there wasn't this tickling feeling, neither there was the freshness of nature. The waterfalls, the lakes they were all like frozen in time, it was the Oasis that was still, unmoving to the point that even birds were not flopping their wings but just levitating in air. 

He bowed down to get under one of the birds, walking just a little further. Perhaps, there was an epicenter to all of that. There was no telling what he was looking for; a hope that he might meet her here because if he believed hard enough, she would come right before his eyes, right now, right at this moment. 

It came true.

She was there, chained down by the sky, with closed eyes, almost as if sealed, not able to say a thing or even breathe. She was surrounded by beauty yet, her beauty was frozen, almost withered as she seemed to be too much of a tortured girl.