4:Little Black Book

~~~ Eli ~~~

"Are you sure we can even be in there?"

 I scolded Ray quietly. Today, Ray made me skip seventh period with him. We entered through the huge metal double-doors. The smell of cinnamon/ old books burned in my throat, making me cough loudly. 

"I can't believe you're dragging me into this."

"Relax, Mrs. O loves me. Isn't that right, Mrs. O!?" He practically shouted and I looked around nervously. A bunch of foreign eyes immediately landed upon us. The librarian lady gave him the most terrifying glare I've ever witnessed. Her black eyes pierced through him, maybe right through his soul.

"SHHHHHHHH" She half-shouted, placing one of her wrinkly fingers against her mouth.

"See, what did I tell you?" He smiled not phased by her creepy demeanor, walking towards the massive, light wooden bookshelves. I inspected my surroundings and surprisingly, we were not the only ones who had skipped seventh period.

There were a few guys playing cards violently in the back. Others were laughing quietly to themselves. There were barely any girls, except for the two in the back. One of them was absolutely breathtaking. Her hair was long and brown. From across the room, her crystal blue eyes shone defiantly. And her body. . . Well, that was another story.

"Where the hell are we going?" I huffed, following Ray. He kept walking through aisles of bookshelves and I was getting annoyed.

"We're going to the last table in the back. Don't be so loud, okay? You don't want to get caught, do you?" He gave me a look and I gulped.

He was right. I would never want to get in trouble with Mrs. O. So I guess if we had to go sit at the back table, that was fine.

We made our way through one last aisle, and I looked at the dusty old books around us. There was nothing else to really look at in the library, except these books.

"Okay. I call the seat by the window," he stated, quickly plopping down on the small wooden chair by the frosted glass window.

"Fine, whatever," I lightly huffed, taking my seat beside him.

Ray was trying to see through the c glass, watching the few people outside.  He attempted waving to the shadows and I smirked to myself. Of course, Ray would.

My eyes drifted over to two books resting on top of the table. One was blue, and was titled 'The Fault in Our Stars.' The other book was quite compact and was entirely black. There was no writing on the leather cover, what so ever.

I pulled the small, book closer to me and opened the book. Gulping, I looked guiltily around. Ray turned to me and smiled.

"So is this what you do when you skip? Sit back here and look like a complete creep?" Ray chuckled.

"Well, yeah. There is nothing else in here to do, unless you have an idea," I said, almost regretfully. Immediately, Ray rose his thick eyebrows and waited for me to suggest something 'fun' to do. I looked around again. There was nothing but dusty old books, and a few spider webs hanging from the early Halloween decorations.

I looked back at the books on the table, a smirk forming on my lips. "Let's do something fun. Here take this," I handed him the small black book, and he gave me a 'what the heck, I'm not reading this' look. "Whoever can read the longest, wins."

Ray gave me the same look and I laughed. "What?" He squinted his eyes. "What's the catch?"

I sighed, trying to think of something quickly. "Whoever loses buys lunch?"