30:Somewhere In Neverland

\\ Arielle\\ 

I stare at my phone quickly, its glossy screen illuminating once it buzzed on my lap

I stare at my phone quickly, its glossy screen illuminating once it buzzed on my lap. I inhaled a deep breath, my lungs expanding as I looked up towards the pitch black sky. I felt strange, sitting in the passenger seat while Zack himself drove me to some far away hotel in the city. 

It's not the fact that he offered to give me ride, it's not the fact that I cut my hair short, and finally wore make up, or wore a fancy dress; it's the fact that I'm actually going to party, and not just any party. A party filled with raging teenage boys and Barbie plastic teenage girls.. 

And frankly I'm glad I don't belong in any of these categories. 

Part of me wants to avoid everything tonight, wants jump out the car and lay on the cold street waiting for a possible vehicle to crush my body and snap my bones. There's this bad feeling prowling in my stomach since this morning.. but I've been trying to listen to the small particles of pumping adrenaline traveling in my veins; urging me to forget about everything and have fun. But I want to listen to my gut and tell Zack to turn around and drive me back home. 

I glance at Zack, whose pale hands are both clutching the wheel tightly, his head slightly moving to the All Time Low song in the back ground. I smirk a bit at the boy, thankful that he was the one that was taking me to this place, and not anyone else.. 

"You know it's not good to stare at people" He suddenly chuckled, turning his purple colored head towards me. I flinched, a small giggle leaving my f pink lips for once.  "I wasn't staring, I was admiring" I tease, and he flashes me a spontaneous grin.  

"Sure you were" He shook his head ,turning left on a light violently. My right hand clutched on to something to help my body from flying out the window. The tires screeching beneath us while the car came to a complete stop. 

"Jesus" I breathe out, placing a hand on my chest to keep my heart from jumping out. Zack stays frozen in place for a minute and my muddy brown eyes land on the bright lit hotel in the distance. There was a huge line to get to the front of the hotel, so people decided to park and walk on their own two feet. 

"I guess we're here" Zack finally announces, snapping out of the mini trance he fell under. I gulp, glancing towards him  as he parks his old pick up truck near a huge leafless pine tree.  I opened the passenger door and I felt a rush of winter breeze dance on the surface of my skin, a few nerves beginning to travel up and down my body. 

"You ready?" I heard Zack question, his tall figure appearing in front of me. I look down at the long blue dress that clung onto my body, and straightened out a few wrinkles here and there, grabbing my silver back afterwards. 

"Zack, you didn't have to do this.." I whisper, hoping my words would vanish with the icy winter wind. He gave me a smile, a smile I couldn't exactly see clearly under the night sky. I felt one of his warm hands suddenly grab mine, my eyes traveling up to his dark emerald orbs.