11: One Of Them

// Arielle //

I sighed loudly, reading the twelve letter text in my head

I sighed loudly, reading the twelve letter text in my head. Believe it or not, I’ve been staring at the same text for about a day or two. Gosh, I have no life.

I’m just shocked that’s all..

Shocked that someone actually wanted to do me a favor, or I think that’s what he/she wants. I mean now a day’s no one even  cares or  even wants to help anyone.

 All they care is about themselves.

I growled a bit under my breath, trying to shake off the distracting thoughts. I made my way down the overly crowded hall way, trying to avoid contact with every one that crossed my way.

 All I could think about was the person behind the text. I’m pretty sure it’s a guy, judging by the name it’s most definitely a guy.

Maybe he’s actually a sweet, caring, cutie, but hell there’s no guy like that out there. They definitely don’t exist. Maybe in books, I mean, there’s Edward Cullen, Tobias Eaton and freaking Peeta Mellark. Sign me up to live in book , please?

“Luke?” I blurted out as soon I saw a familiar full brown head of curls pass by me. I turned around ,almost a whole 360 turn. And to my surprise, there he was, the not so scrawny, jock wannabe Luke. Wait what?!

“H-hey! Luke wait up!” I attempted to scream, which was a miracle for me. I jogged a bit to catch up to him, but he didn’t even bother turning around. He was surrounded by a few other dressed up jocks, wearing their hideous yellow foot ball gear with pride.

“Hey! I’m talking to you!” I hissed, managing to squeeze a hand in between a few bodies to smack his arm. His head rapidly swung back, eyes searching for the victim. “Down here” I chirped, pushing the two jocks in front of me aside. I stopped in front of the boy, his tall frame towering over me, my head tilting upward to look up at him.

A pair of caramel hazel eyes connected with mine, a wide smile appearing on his pink lips. The same smile that would send thousands of shivers down my spine, yet this one, was bit different. It wasn’t the same goofy smile he’d give me when we would joke around, it was a forced one, and I could tell.

“Ari!” He blurted, and my stomach churned at the splash of excitement in his tone. Which lasted only two seconds.

“I-I mean, sup emo” He cleared his throat, looking around at the guys who were now staring at me. Looking around for approval.I ignored his comment, assuming he didn’t mean to call me that..he’d know better.

“I..Um..” I licked my lips as numerous eyes glared down at me. I could feel them judging every part of me. My tired eyes, my over size grey sweater, not to mention the overly worn out vans I practically use every day.

“Well? Are you going to say something or are you just going to waist our time” One of the jocks behind me blurted out, and I could feel a bundle of nerves dwell in my stomach.