17: I Do Care

| Eli |

I wish that I could wake up with amnesia..

Maybe I could forget what’s been circling in my thoughts the past seventy two hours. Or maybe I could forget about finding the stupid journal in the first place. If I would’ve just hid it, and not pick it up at all, maybe I’d sleep more often; my mind wouldn’t be so crowded anymore..

But I can’t forget at all…

Not only was I trying to find a girl who self harms, but I’m trying to find a girl who made a huge mistake; A mistake that changed her life..

She hasn’t texted me back..but I wouldn’t blame her, she’s got a lot in her plate..I’ sure she doesn’t need another problem in her life like m-

“Watch where you’re going, dick!” A loud deep voice rang in my ears, a massive shoulder colliding with mine. My body jolted back, almost causing me to lose total balance. I blinked several times, remembering I was walking around the mall with Ray all this time

“Shit” I muttered under my breath, stepping to the side, letting a large crowd of people squeeze past me. I looked towards the black and white tile, my tattered vans casting a shadow on the shinny floor.

I didn’t want to be here right now..

“You alright , dude?” Ray questioned, and I nodded slowly. Was it bad enough to say that I wanted to stay cooped up in my room, eating pizza, or playing zombie games?

Maybe that way I didn’t have to deal with my family, and my stupid ,asshole step brother. Or the thoughts of a random girl I’ve never met before, but sometimes it feels like I’ve known her all of my life.

“Listen, I know you’re not in the mood for anything, I mean it was hard getting you out of your room for once…”

I narrowed my eyes at Ray, suddenly questioning, why in the hell he wanted to go to the mall especially on a day like this. It was cold as hell outside, I literally had to wear two shirts and my thick Misfits jacket. “Ray, just tell me why the hell we’re here?” I blurted, annoyed by the countless people running around, Christmas shopping.

A smile slowly creeped on his face, his eyes looking up towards the café on the second floor of the mall. I wanted to look up, but then I’d look like an idiot if I did.. “I found someone yesterday, you might want to talk to her..” Ray motioned up, and this time I did look up.

He pointed to an olive skin girl, who sat on the very corner of the café, her figure looking small from here. I gave him a crazy look, wondering why the heck he’d want me to flirt with girls at a time like this.

“Ray, what the hell is wrong with you! You know I hate when you try to set me up on blind dates! It never works out, besides I’m into someone else at the mo-“

“Woah, woah, your jumping into conclusions my friend. That girl up there is Rosalyn Marie..” I gave him an eyebrow, the name suddenly sounding even more familiar by the second..

That couldn’t possibly be..

“Yes it’s the Rosy from the damn journal!” He announced, a big grin splattered on his face. I looked up at the girl again in awe ; This was it, this was my chance to find out her name, and where she is…my chance to save her..

“Am I being punked!? Are you sure that’s even her!? How do you even know!” I questioned, a bit of nerves starting to dwell in the pit of my stomach. Ray rolled his eyes as I questioned his intelligence.