13: Careless

= Luke =

I sighed taking a look at the four worded text, my head laid back on the soft cushion seat of my Honda

I sighed taking a look at the four worded text, my head laid back on the soft cushion seat of my Honda. I clenched my jaw as my fingers typed the opposite of what I wanted to say.

“Luke snap out of it, are you going to tell me why the hell you forced me to get in your car or what?” Rosy angrily blurted, huffing in the passenger seat beside me

“Luke snap out of it, are you going to tell me why the hell you forced me to get in your car or what?” Rosy angrily blurted, huffing in the passenger seat beside me. I casually found her on the parking lot of Dunkin Donuts. I’d just gotten a fresh bash of donuts and I couldn’t escape the chance of talking to her, so I bribed her with a donut and surprisingly it worked ha-ha.

 I gave her a quick glare, and then shut my tired eyes, my fingers reaching to turn down the radio volume. “I wanted to say I’m sorry” I said faintly, not wanting to open my eyes, because if I did her black orbs would devour me with anger. “You wanted to say your sorry” She repeated, her tone letting me know she wasn’t one bit pleased.

“Yeah” I replied, having the courage to open my eyes again. “I’m sorry still doesn’t explain why you were an asshole to one of your best friends Luke.” She stated, and I could tell she was trying her best not to yell at me.

Caleb was beside us in his car, and I’m sure she didn’t want him to come rushing over here just because she beat the living shit out of me. “She told you didn’t she..”

“Of course she told me! Who else she was going to tell!?” She snapped, and I couldn’t help but look down in guilt. “Listen, I didn’t embarrass her in front of the guys cuz I wanted to, I just I needed to..If I didn’t , it would mess everything up”

“Mess what up Luke!? You’ve already messed up your friendship with me, and you’ve messed up your friendship with her!” I clenched my jaw tightly so unwanted words wouldn’t spill out. “You don’t understand why..but I just..Look I can’t hang out with you guys anymore that’s it. Not until we graduate”

Her big black eyes narrowed at me, and I could feel her anger only getting worse. “Are you listening to yourself?! You suddenly found a group of drugged up apes and now you want to leave us for them until senior year!? That’s freaking bull sh-“