28: Bad Habits

*Mentions of selfharm..read at own risk*

| Luke |

I looked around the huge room the Ramada Inn let us borrow; admiring some of the decorations we have been setting up all night. And by we, I mean me and more than a dozen huge, sticky, greasy, musky guys from the football team.

I'm not really a fan of high school dances, and fancy parties, but I had to be here right now for only one reason; The foot ball team was in charge of putting up decorations. I had a bad habit of saying yes, so I had to tag along.

Yipee.

My eyes squinted as the shimmering snowflakes I hung up a few minutes ago, reflected light into my eyes. Its small structure twirling rapidly, making me suspect it was about to fall any minute.

I'm not really sure why they wanted to tie winter into a masquerade theme, but hell I wasn't head of the prom committee. Wouldn't that be weird if I was? Hell yeah, that be too strange for me to even comprehend. I guess they picked winter because this is the first prom we have in Washington that it's this freezing cold.

That's Washington for you folks.

I placed the few remaining snowflakes on the edge of the ladder, where Gustavo was currently up, hanging a few snowflakes himself. I looked down at my watch, and cursed as soon as I saw the time. It was almost midnight, and my parents would skin me alive if I arrived at twelve o' one.

"Where you going, Davis? Were not even half way done with these bloody things!" Gustavo yelled from above, frustration imprinted in his sweaty face.

"I need to go, parents are going to kill me if I'm out this late! I'm gonna go tell his majesty that I'm leaving!" I yelled back, and Gustavo began chuckling at my words. By his majesty I meant the one and only Tyler Asshole James.

I made my way towards the currently fluffy, cotton ball filled stage, where the expensive paid Dj was going to be placed. I went up the small stairs and into the room, where all the decorations were being kept.

As soon as I walked in the room, loud chattering, and laughs rung in my ears. A few of the foot ball team members seated on a fancy couch, cracking up at one of Tyler's jokes.

Tyler sat in his own majestic chair of course, and Ariana played with a few ribbons in a table behind them. Most of the cheerleaders agreed to help us too. "Hey, uh Tyler I'm gonna go head out" I barked trying to get his full attention on me, and surprisingly it worked.

Tyler bolted his head around to look at me, and he immediately gave me a wicked grin once he realized it was me. " Leaving so soon? Aw c'mon the fun is about to begin? Why don't you sit down for a bit and enjoy the show.?" I looked directly into his cold, lifeless blue eyes; they had this sort of diabolic look in them, which made me suspect he was up to no good.

"Guys, check this out this is for my man Luke Davis" He cheered to the rest of the guys, holding up a small familiar black book in his right hand. I swear it looked too familiar to me, as if it were almost Arielle's...

No it couldn't be..

"This is from this year, December thirteen" He began to read a date, I'm guessing it was written on the page. I narrowed my eyes , trying to see if I recognized the hand writing, and I did. It was small, and written in a specific purple ink. The same ink Arielle loved to use on all of her personal things, it can't be..how the hell would he get a hold of it?

"Dear, Diary. Today's Luke's birthday, and frankly I'm not one bit excited. Is that mean? Ha-ha, I guess it is" He tried to mimic a girls high pitched voice, earning a few laughter's from the guys in the room. There's no way this is Arielle's, unless he was the one who took it in the first place..