36:Tears And Paper Notes

|Rosalyn|

"I Can't do this" I whispered to myself, hoping Caleb, who was next to me in the front seat of his black, shinny Audi didn't hear me. I could feel the same irritation in my throat from a few days ago start to form again, my eyes beginning to water as I stared at the box of random items that belonged to Luke..

Arielle had kept some of his jackets and sweaters by mistake over the years, although I'm pretty sure she kept them to snuggle in them, because I knew she had a thing for captain dick head, ha. Her mom oh so kindly dropped the box on my door step yesterday, with no appearance, just a note telling me to give this to the Davis family.

Sometimes I wonder how her family is holding up,and when I think real hard I assume they don't give a damn that their daughter had taken her own life just three weeks ago.I am a mess, crying every time I look at pictures of us hung neatly on my mirror, bawling at the bittersweet memories I could recall of her.Trying to remember times where she didn't show signs of insanity, times where her smile was truly genuine.

If I am in pieces and her family is not, there is something fucking wrong in this world; in their heads..

"Rosy look at me" Caleb coos softly, placing a hand on covered knee, awaiting for my dark eyes to look up at his.I bitterly swallow the lump in my throat and ignore the faint clear tears cascading down my ivory skin, and look up at his gaze.

"You can do this. All you need to do is give him the box and you never ever have to see him again." He states and I shake my head in denial, feeling the tears from my eyes staining the red hoodie I carelessly put on tonight.

Caleb doesn't understand, he doesn't get the fact that I have to get down from the car and talk to one of the people who made Arielle's sorrow worse. I didn't want to see Luke's face for a good thousand years or so. There was no reason to hang with him after the one thing that held us together is gone..

There's no point.

"I cant, please just go down and give it to him for me?" I plead, a bit of hesitation in my tone, my arms attempting to shove the cardboard box against Caleb's chest. "Rosalyn, please the more you stall the less you want to do this!" He hisses at me, his hazel green eyes engulfed with a hint of sadness. I took in a deep breath, listening to the small rain drops collide with the window.

"Fine, but after this you owe me donuts"

With that I hopped out of the car and into the drive way, trying not to focus on the trail of laughs coming from Caleb's mouth. I held the stupid box tightly in my arms, jogging towards the huge pearly white door in front of the house.

My shaky fingers rang the golden door bell, hoping that the person that would answer wasn't Luke, and to my dismay, it wasn't. The door flew open and in front of it was his mother, who wore a pink bath robe and long pajamas.

"Oh my god! Rosalyn what a surprise!" She chirped, her bright blue eyes widening as I forced a small smile on my red lips.

"Hi Mrs.Davis" I mumbled, looking into the living room behind her, making sure there was no sign of Luke. "How are you darling?! You look wonderful, your all grown up from the last time I saw ya, would you like to join us for some coffee or something?"She rambled and I simply shook my head hoping she would shut up sooner or later.

"No, no thanks Mrs. Davis. I just came here to drop this off for Luke, it's a bunch of jun-things um..he left at.." I stopped mid sentence, feeling the familiar pain dwell in my throat again. I looked up at Mrs.Davis and she let out a silent gasp, and by the sudden sadness in her eyes knew she knew the rest of my sentence.

"Oh..ok I'll tell him to come down if you want-"

"Oh no no that wont be necessary I'll just-"