27: Surprise Visits

| Zack|

Sitting by the window, I watched more than a dozen rain drops, cascade down the cool glass. My head was pressed against it, my purple full head of hair, barely keeping me warm.

This is why I hated living in Washington. Why couldn't my parents decide to move to California, or New York? It’s better than living in the middle of nowhere, where you have an infinite space of back yard, and nothing to see but woods.

If it were up to me I would've kept my ass in Sydney, but I was just a little boy, I couldn't decide for myself; I didn’t have a mind of my own. And now that I do..I don’t want to go back home, I just want to disappear.

I wrap my hands around my chest to keep my fingers from getting cold, my legs stretched out on the small stoop. I’ve been sitting here for the past week, just admiring the naked trees in my back yard..

I would be in my room, but mom decided to remodel it so it’s under construction or whatever. But it’s cool, where I am is upstairs, a room my parents barely go to; a small little library, full of dusty books.

I haven’t talked to anyone..

Not Stephanie, not Eli, and especially not Arielle. I didn’t feel like talking to them, especially Eli, because If i did, I would end up telling him me and the girl of his dreams ki-

“Zack, hun are you in there!?” My mom’s squeaky obnoxious voice rang in my ears, followed by a few series of knocks. I don’t bother moving to open the door because I never locked it in the first place.

“Hey, are ok? You haven’t even been down to eat. I ordered pizza a few hours ago.” She peeks slightly through the door, and I turned my head towards her. She had a bit of tiredness in her blue orbs, the same tiredness I’ve seen most of my life.

My mom’s what you call an extreme workaholic. She loves working down at the pediatrician office, ya know with babies and what not. I think she’s still hung over the fact that she couldn’t bare any more children after me..and that kind of makes me sad.

I would’ve loved to have a lil bro or sis roaming around the house. Maybe I’d teach him or her few things about life; things my parents never thought me, that I had to learn on my own. Maybe I wouldn’t be so alone all the time…

“Yeah I’m ok ma, and I’m not really hungry.” I mumble, turning my gaze back to the never ending rain drops. “Well, ok. You’ve got a visitor though..do you want me to tell them you’re not here or..?”

I turn to look at my mother again, and I narrow my eyes at her words. A visitor? For me? I don’t have any friends , I don’t know who the hell would visit me, especially at ten in the morning.

“Who is it?” I ask, curiosity within my raspy voice. My mom cracks me a small smile, which was a sight I’d thought I’d never see again. I gulped as she opened the white, stainless door a little more. “It’s a girl! And not that girl with the crazy rainbow hair who comes here all the time. it’s another one. She really cute if you ask me.” She giggles and my eyes widen a bit.

Stephanie’s the one with the rainbow hair, so it has to be…

“I’m gonna send her up if you don’t mind. Darling! You can come up now!” She yelled opening the door, turning towards the wide flight of stairs. I placed my feet on the wooden floor, my heart beginning to beat a little bit faster than normal.

I didn’t know any other girls but Steph and-

“Ariana, that’s what you said your name was?” My mom asked the small, gorgeous girl in front of the door way. The girl chuckled quietly, biting her bottom lip a bit. She was nervous, and so was I.