32: Lips

|Arielle| 

My eyes bolt open to the sound of my own heavy breathing, a familiar panic shivering through my entire body. I jolt up to find myself in a foreign bed, its navy blue bed sheets wrapped around my body to keep me warm. 

My eyes moved rapidly, analyzing where the hell I was. It smelled like cologne, mix with another sent I couldn't quite tell what it was. I closed my eyes shut as my head began to throb a little. 

Honestly, I thought I was dead. I thought that I had actually taken the jump and my body collided with the grey concrete floor. I thought my bones were too shattered to be put back together, that my body was no longer in shape to be alive.. 

But here I am, I can feel my heart beat rapidly in my chest, as I question myself why the hell am I still alive..? 

I opened my eyes again, and looked towards the corner of the huge blue room. Everything was blue expect the few band posters that hung neatly and symmetrically on the wall. I focused on the corner of the room where there was a recliner, with a familiar brunnete boy on it.. 

My lips parted as soon as I realized who it was, a bolt of excitement, of relief, of happiness filled a tiny bit of my heart when I say his caramel eyes lift up towards me.. 

Lets hope this isn't a dream, that I'm not in heaven dreaming of a loved one that I left behind.. 

Lets hope this isn't hell, a nightmare where I cant say goodbye to the one I love.. 

"Eli?" I mumble, making sure the boy on the chair was real and not part of my twisted imagination. The boy smirked at me, his eyes blinking away sleep that engulfed him a few minutes ago. 

"Your awake" He whispered, a shock in his sweet deep voice. I looked down towards my right hand that currently had a white hospital bracelet on it. I tilted my head a bit in confusion, funny that wasn't there before..or was it? 

"Where are we?"I asked, feeling distinctly weak as I shifted a bit in the bed that belonged to someone unknown. Eli took a deep breath in and held onto a red blanket that covered his long body. 

"We're at Zacks and It's Monday morning" He gave me a warm smile, which caused my stomach to flutter with butterflies. The tiredness in his eyes made him seem even more adorable than he was, I just wanted to tell him to join me, and we could sleep forever.. 

God, it's too early for this.. 

"Monday morning? I thought-" 

"You slept for one whole day after the..night you ya know.."He looked down at the carpet floor, his voice filling with some kind of sadness. I was glad he didn't say the words, because if he did, Id run to the bath room and try to drown myself, because that's what I wanted to do that night, and that's exactly what I want to do right now. 

"We took you to the hospital after you had fallen into some shock. The doctors said you would wake up and recover in no time. I guess he wasn't really kidding" He let out the most cute chuckle out of his lips and I couldn't help but smirk at him. 

"Oh" slips out of my lips and I place my head back on the fluffy pillow behind my bed.

"How are you feeling?" Eli questions curiously, the tiredness in his eyes vanishing an appearing brighter than before. 

"Like sh*t" I respond and his he gives me a blank stare in return.I suck in a breath, my lungs aching as they expanded to take a deep breath of fresh air. "But I guess I sorta feel relieved now that you're here with me.." Whisper, attempting to lighten up the mood a bit.