8:Page After Page

~~ Arielle~~

"You really don't have to come along," I insisted. Rosy glared, and Luke let out a long sigh. He seemed a bit distant today.

"For the hundredth time, I am coming with you, okay? Jesus, just deal with it!" she hissed playfully, swaying her hand which was tightly interlocked with Caleb's.

I rolled my tired eyes. My feet led me through the empty school hallway. It was finally the last period of today and I just happened to have a free period, unlike the freshmen and sophomores who were still stuck in class.

"Okay. . . but I'm just saying if you don't want to, you don't have to," I repeated, stopping as we passed the library doors. She sighed loudly, giving Caleb a small look. He smirked, bringing her slightly tanned hand to his lips, kissing it softly.

I tried not to let out a squeak of excitement; they were too cute. I was happy for them, even though they did have lots of lovey-dovey moments, which was could be awkward at times.

"Babe, you don't have to go in. You can wait out here if you want. It'll only be a moment," Rosy whispered in soft tone, her eyes sparkling. 

Caleb let out a heavy chuckle, smiling as he jokingly said, "You want to get rid of me. I see, that's fine. I have to go get something from six period anyway."

"Okay then. I'll meet you by the court yard when the bell rings." She pecked him gingerly on the cheek, smiling like a lovesick idiot.

"I'll be there." He grinned at her than looked at me. "Hope you find what you're looking for."

I smiled, giving him a nod, and then nudging Luke's shoulder. He didn't respond. Not a single sarcastic comment had escaped his mouth the whole day. His new attitude was staring to worry me.

"Alright. We're here," I whispered, pushing open the chipped maroon double doors as quietly as I could. The smell of scented candles filled my nostrils and I had to blink a few times to become used to the heavy scent. I could see the angry old lady at the front desk give us a quick glare, but she did not say anything; I was kind of glad.

"So, wait when did you check here, like exactly when?" Rosy asked, her tone surprisingly softer than I expected.

I sighed, making my way into the dusty row of book shelves. "We checked on Monday, and it's Friday. I know we won't find it, but it doesn't hurt to check." I frowned knowing I wasn't ever going to get my journal back.

I know I could always get a new one. Preferably bigger with more space, but my current one had a lot of history written on every page. I wasn't ready to let everything I wrote suddenly disappear from my life without one last goodbye.

I wasn't ready to become silent again.

"Well who knows if the person returned it? Hopefully someone that's a total douche bag didn't take it. If not, I'm going to kill a-"

"Yeah about that. . .  I'm pretty sure Tyler stole it," I sneered, a small growl escaping the minute his name escaped my chapped lips.

She stopped in the middle of the aisle. "Oh hell no! I swear I'm going to kill him!" she hissed, and I couldn't help but laugh at her anger.

"Too bad. Luke already confronted him, so looks like you're a tad too late," I giggled, resuming our search.

Rosy let out a small sigh, and whispered, "Well what did he say? Did he beg on his knee's for mercy, or did he beat the hell out of Luke?"

I wanted to tell Rosy the first option, I really did, but Luke has been acting weird. He was way too quiet for our liking. I mean, he's never been this quiet, except when his cat Muggles died.