37:White Roses And Thanksgiving Disasters

|Eli|

*Flashback*

"Thank you so much for coming ,kid" The middle aged short man shot me a sad smirk, placing his hand on one of my shoulder blades. My lips tried their best to form a smile while I paid the respects to my dead girlfriends uncle.

Is it still bad to call her that? Can I? Because I feel like a part of her has stayed behind with me, like the cool winter wind still has shattered remnants of our love lingering in the air.

She's still with me..no matter how hard ive tried to tell her to get out of my head.

I focus on the people whom I do not know, crowding around the small tomb stone, placing colorful flowers around it to give it some kind of peaceful vibe to it.Im guessing they are distant relatives who only bothered to show up because her very own parents didn't bother.

I wait patiently for my quiet moment with the tombstone alone. I hold a small bouquet of white roses in my left hand and a small little present in the other, a present I was going to give her the morning she passed away.

"Waiting you turn ,huh?" I heard a familiar thick accented voice state behind me, making my head whip back to see who it was. A small smirk expanded on my lips at the sight of Zack , Rosy, Caleb and Luke. They all had small smiles when I greeted each one of them, all holding small bouquets of flowers that were to colorful for my eyes to even look at for more than a second.

The only one who was missing was Ray.

I haven't heard much from him in while since his girlfriend dumped him for one of Tyler's demon ape friends. But that's ok, I know were both passing through rough times..I hope I get to see him eventually.

"Y-you guys made it" I stuttered in disbelief, not thinking that any of them would actually have the guts to finally say good bye to their dearest friend once and for all.It was also thanksgiving day, so I expected everyone to be with their families today.

I didn't need to be home, because I don't think I really have family anymore, and besides I think my parents were going to some fancy party with out me anyway.My family was here with me right now, visiting the one person who brought us all together in the first place.

"Of course, we wouldn't miss it for the world" Rosy chirped beside Caleb, her dark orbs engulfed with some kind of sadness in them. We watched as unknown family members departed from the grave and started to leave. I gave Rosy a glance reassuring her that she was definitely the next to go.

"You guys go ahead, I have no rush" I smirked, motioning my hands forward so they could go ahead.One by one they made their way and I watched as Rosy began to break down infront of all of us. I sucked in the cool crip November winter air, my lungs finding it a little harder to breathe.

"Are you Eli James?" A small voice questioned behind me and I turned my head just a little bit to see who it was."Yes, yes I am. " I responded at the middle aged woman with thick, chocolate brown hair, and light brown eyes. She wore a black dress and held a small picture frame in her shriveled hands.

"Hi, I'm Mrs.Rodgers..It's so nice to finally meet you"She smiled, extending a gloved hand towards me. I stared at her dumbfounded, she looked just like Arielle, only an older version of course. Now I know shw wouldve grown up to be a gorgeous woman..

"M-mrs. Rodgers, wow.It's a pleasure to meet you" I composed a grin and shook her hand lightly but firm. She let out a small chuckle, and she pulled her delicate hand back. Wow, one of her parents actually showed up, rather she deserved to, I'm not sure; Arielle never told me much about her Mom only her son of a bitch dad.