19: You Again

| Zack |

*Flash Back*

“Wow mate, it’s been freaking ages” I say shocked that I would find an old best friend while I was attempting to get run over by a car.

Sure that’s an insane idea, but I didn’t want to literally get hit.I just wanted to lie on the cold cement,and stare at the stars.I always did this back home. I didn’t think someone would be driving down that particular street at two in the morning.

Guess I was wrong.

“It’s only been a year, bro ha..but yeah. H-how have you’ve been?” Eli says before he stuff’s a bite of a big Mac in his mouth. I stare at the French fries his weird friend ordered for me, and I sigh.

What was I suppose to tell him? Oh yeah, I’m still stuck in bloody therapy, still bruise myself, parents are still a piece of shit, and Oh I met this new girl, she’s amazing. Give me a break.

But I couldn’t lie to an old best friend, could I?

“Oh you know, fucked up as always. ” I say casually taking a sip out of his friend’s soda. I could feel him glare at me as my lips met with the white straw. Eli insisted I came with him and his friend to Mc Donald’s. He said he couldn’t just leave me in the middle in the street, especially in my ‘condition’.

I was fine really, but he couldn’t stop insisting, like the bloody nice bastard he is. He really hasn’t changed a bit.. but I was curious..If he was still a bit messed up..

“I don’t mean to be a nosy little shit, but do you still you know..” I stared at Eli, his brown eyes narrowing as I pretended to pop pills. “Oh that..” His tone suddenly got darker and I wanted to rip my dyed hair out for asking him that.

“Naw, I quit that. Therapy really helped ya know” He blurted a bit too fast, and I narrowed my tired eyes at him, leaning back in the chair. I could tell he was lying, but I didn’t want to put him in the spot at the moment so I ignored it for now.

 “You still go to therapy?” The question hit me like a sharp knife across the chest, him and his friend looked at me intently; waiting for an answer. I sighed, cursing myself in my head. Guess the cats out of the damn bag.

“Oh yeah, I’ve never missed a session” I said, wishing I hadn’t sounded too excited. “ Cool. Is every one still there?” He asked curiously, and I could tell the dude next to me was getting bored of the small talk.

“Yup. Eddy, Soph, Me and Miranda.” I said, watching his eyws glow a bit with excitement. “Wow..that’s good. Tell Eddy I say hi. If it’s one guy I miss from there it’s definitely that little guy” He chuckled and I smirked, tossing a french fry in my mouth.

I met Eli in therapy roughly three years ago.  I use to go to his high school freshman year, but my parents insisted in me taking home school, because they were afraid I’d be made fun of. Yeah, the whole Australian accent wasn’t doing good for me, I mean the ladies practically melted like putty, but..still that didn’t help.

Anyway so yeah, that resulted in me not meeting him outside of therapy for any reason. But being young reckless brats, we always found a way of hanging out. He was sort of my escape at that time, and I was his.

Now my escape is something a bit more bizarre, which involves the colors black, and blue. But in a way there’s also some one who might become my escape soon…she-

“Will do, I’ll tell him you said hi. And oh yeah, I forgot to tell you there’s a new girl. Came about a few weeks ago. She’s a keeper” I sighed, a smile appearing on my lips when an image of her came to my head. I had no feelings for the angel, but I do consider her important.