Arc 1. 17

Five hours later, all the participants had to stop painting, they put down their brushes and stood next to their picture to wait for the judges comments. As they commented on each painting, the judges stopped at Su Yan's work and stared at it in amazement.

Su Yan's painting was sombre and conveyed a gloomy and helpless feeling, which was the opposite of his sunny personality and innocent appearance.

"How is it that you paint such a painting?" asked Master Du sceptically. He felt that this work did not suit Su Yan, not the picture itself, but the way it was drawn did not match the style of painting he had shown since the beginning of the competition.

Firstly, Su Yan paints with many colours, so his paintings are always colourful, but this one is only black, white and red paint.

Secondly, Su Yan paints with oil colours, but this painting is done with ink,
and if you look closely, you can see that he has only recently started drawing with ink, because many strokes were misplaced. So he wondered where he got the painting from and who this work really belonged to.

Su Yan did not notice Master Du's mood swings as he was busy being proud of getting so much attention from the judges and envious looks from the participants.

He actually doubted whether he should paint the picture at all, as it conveyed a dark and gloomy feeling, but now that he saw their reaction to his painting, he knew he had made the right decision to paint it, and if the judges asked him about the story behind the painting, he would have already come up with an emotional story that would make them
feel sorry for him.

Su Yan forced himself to squeeze out a few tears and explained with a sad face what the picture was about.

"I lost my parents when I was young because they died in a car accident. At that time, I was alone and had no one to take care of me as my relatives would not take me in. I was desperate and wanted to go back to my parents, yet I held back because every time I tried,
our happy moments would come to my mind. In desperation, I looked for something to vent all my feelings and that's when I found painting. Ever since that day I've been painting and
became addicted to it, art is one of the most important things to me, so I wanted to express one of my innermost feelings through this painting." Su Yan cried and tried to cover it up with a smile, but it only looked more pitying.

Upon hearing what Su Yan had gone through, they each felt sorry for him and some even had tears in their eyes.

They all wondered how such a beautiful and pure person could feel
so much pain.

Li Chang Bo, who was standing at the side watching everything, laughed mockingly to himself and spoke to his system.

'Yesterday they all made fun of Su Yan and disliked him for his false posturing, but now, after he had shoved a made-up tragedy under their noses, they took pity on him and loved him again. Well, what was I hoping for? Humanity is really hopeless. They only hear what they want to hear, even if it is a lie and harms people'.

[But you have to admit that he is really creative when it comes to making up stories.]

'You're right on that one. Put the painting in Feng Yu Han's house because I will need it in a while.'

[Okay]

'Do you have something that puts you in a surreal world? I need it for my plan?'

[Yes, Host we have. Should I purchase it?] the system was curious about what his host was up to.

'Yes. I need you to put it on the painting and activate its function when I tell you.'