Arc 3. 6

At night in a mansion, a young boy and a man found themselves sitting together at a table which was right at the open window and the moonlight lit gently in the dim chamber of the young boy. Through the moonlight one could see that the chamber was quite luxurious as it was decorated with antiques. The younger male was wearing green white robes and the older male white black. They shared stories and talked about adventures, their voices carrying softly in the night. As the moonlight danced upon their faces, they realized that they may feel more for the other than they thought. In that serene moment, under the moon’s watchful gaze, their bond grew stronger, and they knew that this night would forever be etched in their hearts.

Before he could dream any further, he was woken up by Feng Yu Han.

"Hey baby, you need to take a bath. After that, let's eat," Feng Yu Han said in a gentle voice.

Li Chang Bo wanted to lie back in bed and continue his interrupted dream, but he was caught by Feng Yu Han's arm, pulling him into his embrace and taking him to the water already prepared by the maids.

He set him down on the floor and proceeded to unbraid his braid so that he could wash it while bathing.

"You need to freshen up and eat. We need to get you well as soon as possible. You promised me you wouldn't leave my side, so please. Take care of yourself from now on." pleaded Emperor Feng.

Li Chang Bo turned around, hugged the taller male, and rubbed his back gently. "Okay, I'll do it. Calm down."

Feng Yu Han hugged him for a while longer before letting go of him and walking out of the bathroom. "If you need anything, just call me."

In the shower, Li Chang Bo thought of the dream he had had. Everything in it was vague and he couldn’t see the face of the person who was there with him, but just the thought of them made his heart race and he felt warm.

One thing was sure - that person was someone important for Li Chang Bo. Even though he couldn’t figure out who they were or why they were dressed in ancient clothes. It was his first time in the ancient world, and that person couldn’t be from here either.

The man also could not be from here as the only person Li Chang Bo had met here who were of a significant status, could be counted on his hand. He wondered, “Who exactly is that person?”

Then he remembered the incident earlier when his mind unconsciously went into a depressed state as if he was reacting to something.

'Hey Xiao Yi, what was wrong with me just now? Why did I act so weird?'

Reviewing all his memories, Li Chang Bo couldn't remember anything that would have caused his body to have such a strong reaction, and it only happened after he saw Feng Yu Han.

It was as if he had finally found something he had long lost. But that didn't make sense to him, because he hadn't seen Feng Yu Han for just over a month.

[Host, this system doesn't know. I can't do a body scan to determine the problem and the cause of the effect. We have to wait until we get back to the system space to check on you].

'I know, I know, but it certainly didn't feel like there was anything amiss with my body. This feeling... this feeling stemmed from my soul, it was a subconscious reaction of mine.' he said desperately, pulling his legs to his chest and propping his head on his knees.

Li Chang Bo kept wondering what it was, but he just couldn't find an answer to explain the incident, so he just suppressed it and finished washing himself.

While Li Chang Bo was deep in thought, Feng Yu Han sat in his room, savoring his tea. “Give me an update,” he casually requested, observing as a shadowy figure appeared at his window.

“Report to the emperor. Despite the relentless punishment, Consort Fu remained defiant, speaking only of how we would regret laying a hand on the emperor’s beloved,” the dark guard relayed.

Feng Yu Han sipped his tea, contemplating Consort Fu’s peculiar behavior. The past years felt like an unreal dream, a violation of his own emotions, as he harbored feelings for another individual other than Li Chang Bo. It was as if his body was being controlled by an external force, but only in relation to Consort Fu. The rest of his life remained under his command.

Emperor Feng’s body trembled with dread, he couldn’t shake off the unsettling feeling of being controlled. The memories of their first encounter remained hazy, with only fragments of him waking up in a rundown hut, wounded and disoriented.

And there, amidst the chaos, was Consort Fu, the enigmatic figure who would soon capture his heart. But as Emperor Feng reflected on the consequences of his actions, he realized that Conort Fu possessed powers beyond human comprehension. This revelation weighed heavily on him, knowing that his people and his precious baby had suffered unknowingly under his influence.

“Intensify the torture. I want him to spit everything out.” Feng Yu Han became irritated and dismissed his dark guard, when he heard footsteps approaching.

He stood up from his chair and took Li Chang Bo to the chair standing before a mirror, where he combed his hair and braided them. They smiled at each other through the mirror, Li Chang Bo took Feng Yu Han’s hand, who led him to the dining table covered with dishes.

While they ate together, the two talked about everything. Feng Yu Han wanted to ask Li Chang Bo more about the abuse he suffered at Consort Fu's hands, but he was afraid that it would have a bad effect on his baby, so he held back and enjoyed the present moment with him. He decided to ask him after he was better, now he needed rest and care.

Once they had eaten, he walked with Li Chang Bo into his study. "get him a chair."

A servant lifted up one of the chairs in the room and brought it to the emperor's desk. The two sat down, Feng Yu Han worked on the reports and Li Chang Bo grinded some ink for him while watching him work.

The head eunuch entered the study and bowed to the emperor. "Your Majesty, Minister Oh wishes an audience." "Let him in."

Shortly after the eunuch left, a middle-aged man came in and bowed to the emperor. "This minister greets your Majesty the Emperor." Feng Yu Han looked at him and said "Rise."

Minister Oh rose. "Thank you, your majesty." Feng Yu Han looked at him coldly, "state your business."

"One of the guards in charge of guarding the carriages containing the goods came back injured today and told me that they had been ambushed. "

Emperor Feng had expected this, so he had ordered two carriages to be sent to Zhu country. Both carriages had the same goods in them, one of them was a front and it was headed straight for Zhu country.
"Which carriage?"

"The one that reaches Zhu country by direct route."

"What about the one that took the route through the east forest?"

"It's still on the move and should arrive in three days."

"Good. Take care of the mess and find out who robbed the carriage." Emperor Feng nodded his head in delight.

"What does the emperor want this minister to do when this minister finds them?"

Hearing no answer for a while, Minister Oh glanced up slightly and looked straight into his cold and dark eyes. He realised he had asked a stupid question, "T-this minister apologises."

"Send them to the dungeon at last, after you have found out their motives."
“You are dismissed.”

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
A/N: Yo, so I haven't been able to update because of health problems. I'm still not satisfied with this chapter and it is much shorter than the others. So please bear with it.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Nahema.K.