Arc 3. 9

As he was sleeping, he was brought back to one of his most painful moments. He had a pale complexion and was sweating heavily. His faint sobs resounded in the room. His lips were bitten till they were bleeding, and enormous tears were streaming down his face as he mumbled the words ‘blood’ and ‘baby’ again and again.

Deep in the night he abruptly sat up from his sleep and held his belly tightly, trembling. His face was pale, his eyes red, and was crying hysterically. Terror filled his body as all he could see was blood, the memory of the night his lower body started bleeding. Everywhere around him was blood, it didn’t stop, it just continued flowing and flowing and flowing.

‘Blood, blood, blood, there is so much blood everywhere.’ he cried filled with pain and horror, his throat felt clogged, it was difficult to breathe, he felt dizzy and nauseous at the same time. As if something clicked in his head, he frantically stood up from the bed, waking up Emperor Feng who was lying beside him and woke up from the noise. He automatically put his arm to the other side of the bed, hoping to touch his lover but his hand only touched air.

He abruptly stood up and looked around the room, finding Li Chang Bo sitting on the ground, hiding under the table, with his knees pulled up to his chest, arms around his belly, head on his knees while slowly whipping back and forth, crying quietly.

Feng Yu han stood up from the bed and slowly walked up to him, not wanting to scare him. The closer he got, the louder he heard the murmuring coming from his baby's mouth.

“Baby….my baby, where is my baby…….baby, i can’t find it, where is it……my baby, my baby….” Emperor Feng was confused and didn’t know what he was talking about, but right now that was the least of his worries, worried he knelt in front of his baby and lifted his head up with both hands.

He washed the loose hair from his face and stroked his hair with soothing movements.
“What happened baby? What’s wrong? Tell me.”  He tried to talk to him but Li Chang Bo’s eyes were out of focus wandering around the room, not paying him any attention. “Baby, the baby…..baby…” Li Chang Bo muttered to himself, caught deep in his thoughts.

He looked down at his shaking hands and a scream almost escaped his mouth. His shaking worsened, he heaved uncontrollably, his face wet from the never-ending tears. He sobbed so hard that he had to cough and choke. He tried to say something but couldn't.

Feng Yu Han noticed that his condition was only getting worse, so he embraced him, and went to their bed with Li Chang Bo in his arms, where he sat down. He leaned his body on the head of the bed and wrapped the blanket around himself and Li Chang Bo.

“Shhh…it’s okay baby, it’s okay. You must have suffered so much, right? Shhhh…..it’s okay. I’m here baby, I’m here with you. It’s not going to hurt anymore, I will not let you get hurt anymore. Shhhh…….It’s okay baby.” he whispered softly against Li Chang Bo's head, where he left small kisses.

"blood, t-there is blood.....baby... the...where.." Li Chang Bo said with a sob and tightened his grip around his stomach.
The whole night Emperor Feng was busy trying to calm down consort Li, from his grief.

____________________

There was noise in front of the royal chambers. “Your Majesty” the royal eunuch called. Feng You Han turned to the door and said in a hushed voice,
“Shut up, consort Li is still sleeping”

“This servant apologises your majesty, but this servant has information from the dungeon”

Sighing Emperor Feng took his arms away from Consort Li, placed him so that he was comfortable, and kissed him on the forehead, before he stood up. He went to his study finding the imperial eunuch already waiting for him and sat down on his chair.