A.D.1927 - 007 - Aftermath in Europe

Britain

Britain was the first destination for infrastructure exports. The first thing that caught the British's attention was not only the high-performance work machines, but first and foremost the automobiles. The Japanese government took the liberty of presenting the royal family with a custom-made, top-of-the-line automobile, which was well-received for its appearance and mechanical reliability. The appearance and mechanical reliability of the car made it popular, especially among the nobility. The mechanical reliability and comfort were incomparable to those of British cars. Combined with the high price, having a Japanese car became a status symbol. In order to establish the Japanese brand in Britain, Japan created a maintenance facility dedicated to automobiles – luxury cars.

In collaboration with the British Embassy, Britain put together an economic policy aimed primarily at expanding Britain's economy. Rather than expanding military power for the next 10 years, they wanted economic power for the next 20 years. Reconstruction and investment in heavy industry, including steel mills. The investment in Britain's colonies as a market for the such heavy industry was made.

It was not a colonial investment, but an investment to build up the national strength of the member countries of the British Commonwealth. This resulted in a huge debt for the British government, but at the same time, it succeeded in revitalizing the economy. It would be called the Second Industrial Revolution.

. . .

France

After learning of Germany's resurgence through Japanese intelligence, France began planning a war plan against Germany. Specifically, France would declare war if Germany rearmed. The French decided to seize the Ruhr region, the heart of Germany's economy, and push the French-German border 100 km to the east before that army was ready. Although France was still recovering from the scars of the World War, it was determined not to stand in the way of Germany as a nation. This led to the strengthening of relations with Japan.

One of the first was a variety of civil engineering equipment that Japan brought to France to help control the poison gas-contaminated areas. Although the equipment was for civilian use, its efficiency was nothing short of astonishing, and it was recognized to be highly effective in field construction, trenching, and other tasks in the future war against Germany.

Civilian engineers who were sent to France at that time did not receive any equipment from France due to the various kinds of hospitality they received, but they shared various ideas with the French government. Based on these ideas, the French government ordered similar equipment from a domestic manufacturer. However, the one brought by Japan was a hydraulic diesel-powered machine, electronically controlled and so state-of-the-art that it could even work unmanned. There was no way they could imitate such a machine, so they requested Japan to sell it. At the same time, they asked for a manufacturing plant in France.

Japan accepted the sale, but replied that it would not be possible because they were manufacturing in bulk at their domestic factories, and so they decided to build a maintenance factory and a training center. *1

. . .

Germany

Because of the extreme hostility from France, economic and political turmoil continues to worsen. As a result, a strong anti-French sentiment has been fostered. In pubs, people shouted "Death of France or death of us." In addition, the national socialist political parties were also known for their hatred of Jews.

The National Socialist party was approached by a young man who was a German diplomat who had smuggled out of Japan. He was a neo-Nazi. He had risked his life to come to the homeland of his soul in order to restore a Germanic Germany. His hard work was rewarded.

. . .

Poland

The leak of future information to Germany was made by a young neo-Nazi diplomat. But for Poland, it was the entire staff of the Japanese embassy. It was the result of a painstaking search for a way to avoid the destruction of the motherland and the pain of the coals.

The conclusion was that if they could destroy Germany by launching a preemptive attack on the country, which was currently lacking in military power, then the only thing left to do was to deal with the Soviet Union, and the calculation was that it could be dealt with if they did not show any signs of weakness.

Although Poland was a de facto emerging power, and its military strength was hardly impressive, they saw that France was pursuing an aggressive policy toward Germany, and they concluded that they would have no problem if they jointly attacked the Soviet Union. The only question now was how to get the tanks and other equipment. The downtime Polish and uptime Polish embassy considered using Japan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notes

*1: Although it would have not been impossible if they were using knockdowns, Japan insisted on manufacturing in Japan as Japan Premium. This was to create a brand. It was also an indication that Japan wouldn't do cheap deals. The idea was to make people aware that equipment with a "Made in Japan" nameplate was a luxury item. There was another reason for not setting up a factory: a possible future World War II. In the event of a war between France and Germany, the factory would be confiscated or looted, and they were unwilling to take such a risk.