070 - Japanese Federation - 1

In the midst of an increasingly chaotic world, Japan felt the need to formulate its global strategy (doctrine) or redefine its position in the world. Rather than relying on ad hoc responses based on overwhelming national power or entrusting the maintenance of the world order to the League of Nations and friendly nations (G4), Japan sought to exercise its power as a responsible nation.

Fifteen years have passed since the time slip, and Japan's domestic stability and prosperity supported by a robust economy led the government to have the luxury of considering this redefinition. Furthermore, facing the rising war clouds emanating from Europe, Japan decided to strengthen its domestic situation and reevaluate its preparedness to confront such conflicts.

This decision arose from the G4 liaison committee held the previous year, where they discussed preparations for a potential future conflict with Germany. Instead of limiting these preparations solely to the Japanese Combined Armed Forces, the idea was to consider how the nation as a whole would face such a situation, from a political and strategic perspective. After a contentious debate in the Diet, an expanded National Security Council (NSC-U) was convened with major cabinet members of Japan and the states to discuss the outline of Japan's national strategy.

. . .

Siberian Republic

Japan and the 7-nation economic community, which participates in the Japanese Federation, were redefined as a mutual assistance alliance. During this discussion, the Siberian Republic, which had strong pro-Soviet elements, decided to hold a national referendum on its integration into the Japanese Federation rather than being considered an extension of the alliance.

However, significant turmoil did not occur. One reason was the calm judgment of the Siberian Republic's citizens, who understood that survival as a nation would be difficult without the protection of a powerful country like Japan, especially with the neighboring and adversarial Soviet Union. It was also inherent in the nature of the Siberian Republic as a cooperative organization formed for the purpose of escaping the oppressive rule of the Soviet Union and continuing to live as people. In that sense, they had no objection to remaining under the protection of the Japanese Federation, which was seen as a bastion of freedom and respect.

Furthermore, the governing authorities in Japan treated the Siberian Republic not as a colony but with consideration for the opinions, customs, and emotions of the Russian people, even when establishing educational systems and governance. *1 Moreover, there was an emphasis on economic development. Investments centered around Japanese capital made after the conclusion of the Siberian War of Independence in 1936 constantly improved the living standards of the Siberian Republic's citizens. While hard work and diligence were expected as there were no rewards without effort, there was always a promise of reward for effort. Efforts towards the enhancement of various social security measures were also declared. It wasn't a perfect situation, but the benefits of striving for success were expected, and the nation was growing into a place where dreams of a better future were possible.

Because of these efforts, some former members of the Soviet Communist Party even thought that Japan might be a socialist country. Due to the vivid memories of repression during the Soviet era, the national referendum on the integration into the Japanese Federation was approved.

. . .

Republic of Guam

Guam, a territory under the Japanese Federation, remains a unique state dedicated to its loyalty to the United States. Its status as a special nation with strong ties to the US has not changed. However, a significant change has been the influence of Japan on the lifestyle of Guam. The majority of daily necessities are imported from Japan, and many highly educated individuals from Guam travel to Japan for work, increasing Japan's impact on their way of life.