096 - China Upheaval - 15

Information on the battle plan *1

US: United States of America

Gs: Republic of Guam (Special Autonomous Region)

KR: Republic of Korea

Fr: Frontier Republic

Bc: Pardes State

Sr: Siberian Republic

Cn: China

Cc: Chinese Communist Party

The US has requested support from Japan for the dispatch of two divisions and the transportation of equipment such as tanks as reinforcements from the mainland. This was due to the focus on ships capable of easily transporting heavyweight equipment, such as the Satsuma-class transport ship (31.000-ton multipurpose transport ship) and RO-RO vessels, which played an active role in transporting the 501st Mechanized Division.

In response to the request, Japan, considering support through warships to be difficult (or troublesome), has specially loaned out its privately registered (chartered) fleet of civilian ships *2 managed by cabinet office affiliated organizations and private companies to a private military company (SMS Corporation), which will then undertake tasks from the US. As a result, the transportation of American mainland divisions will be expedited by two months ahead of schedule. Subsequently, transportation requests for the forces of nations that have declared dispatch through membership in the League of Nations have also been made.

Transportation by SMS Corporation – Boarding Japanese ships provides an opportunity for many countries to actually get to know Japan. Due to the comfort of life on board, the SMS transport fleet becomes affectionately known as the "Maru Fleet" from its ship names and other attributes. Furthermore, as a result of this, the US also decides to commission the construction of RO-RO ships from Japanese shipbuilding companies through Guam (USFJ). *3

. . .

Battle of Ulla (D-Day+60~61)

The reinforced 501st Augmented Reconnaissance Brigade Combat Team (Gs 501th), *4 upon completion of combat preparations by the 5015th Artillery Battalion, immediately launched a full-scale assault to annihilate the 1st Infantry Division (Cc 1st). Rather than defeat, the goal was to inflict maximum possible damage. *5

In response, the 1st Infantry Division, having conducted perimeter reconnaissance, was aware that the 2nd Cavalry Division (Cn 2nd) and the 501st Augmented Reconnaissance Brigade Combat Team were engaged in nearby combat. While cautious of the possibility of their reconnaissance units being attacked, they hadn't seriously considered the possibility of combat. They could not have anticipated a reinforced regiment (comprising less than 2.000 personnel) actively assaulting their own force of over 20.000 personnel (the 1st Infantry Division). This oversight led to the 501st Augmented Reconnaissance Brigade Combat Team seizing the initiative in combat.