050 - Things Related to the Establishment of the German Reich

Germany was in a difficult situation.

It was semi-encircled by Britain, which controlled the seas with its mighty fleet, the traitorous Italy, and France, which was actively opposing Germany. Despite the strong alliance with the Soviet Union, there is also the annoying Poland in between. Germany was under siege on all sides.

But even so, Hitler was not ready to give up on the Lebensraum. In order for Germany to develop, it always needs workers and markets. Above all, there was the problem of the Mefo bill that was coming due. The debt on the Mefo bill was to be paid off in the Third Reich, which was to be built by annexing Austria and Czechoslovakia. It would be able to collect money from the central banks of the annexed countries. Therefore, Germany was determined to annex the Central European countries at any cost. The biggest obstacle was what to do about the G4, especially France, but the SS proposed a strategy from a certain unexpected direction.

The key was the communists in France.

Since the contact with time-displaced Japan in the late 1920s, the current French government has always been governed by G4 collaborationists, anti-Germanists, and armament priorities, even though the president has changed. Therefore, a kind of boredom with the government had developed among the general French electorate. That's what they wanted to exploit.

The idea was to contact the communists through the Soviet Union and propose a grand coalition in Europe, with the aim of overthrowing the current French government, which was implementing a policy of hostility toward Germany. Hitler gives his approval to the proposal—the plot.

. . .

France

In the 1930s, politics in France were divided into four major factions. They had one thing in common: they did not want to see another war ravage the country. That is, peace in France. The difference was the means of achieving this goal.

The Continental Faction was based on cooperation with the G4, hostility to Germany, and self-identification as the leader of Europe. The Reconciliation Faction wanted to prevent another war in Europe by emphasizing cooperation with the G4 and also with Germany. The Nationalists want to gain a leading position in Europe based on the military power they have built up so far. The Peace Faction wants an equal world based on socialism.

The problem was that the Peace Faction was the least powerful of the four factions, and despite its name, it was a group of radical communists. They, however, were not as powerful as the others. The situation changed when the Soviet Union approached them and gave them massive support, both material and moral. In particular, the Soviet Union's access to funds revitalized the Peace Faction's activities. The large-scale propaganda aroused in most French people an affinity for pro-Russian socialism.

On top of that, it succeeded in stirring up opposition to the long-standing Continentalist regime—those who felt that the pro-G4 policies were not distributing enough benefits. As the ruling party, the Continentalists have been running the country based on the information they have obtained exclusively about the future.

Although the Continentalists were truly concerned with the future of France and its prosperity, their knowledge of the future led them to act in a self-righteous manner, and as a result, the Continentalists were distanced not only from the Peace Faction but from other factions as well. Nevertheless, it brought stability and prosperity to France, and the Continentalists continued to succeed in gaining the support of French voters, albeit reluctantly.

The situation changed with the intervention of Germany through the Soviet Union. The Peace Faction, armed with ample funds, launched a massive propaganda campaign. Their argument was that France, which was prospering through cooperation with the G4, should avoid war because it was prospering, and to achieve this, it should build cooperative relations with the Soviet Union and Germany.