094 - China Upheaval - 13

The request for active humanitarian participation by member countries of the League of Nations, as decided in the League of Nations session, was essentially a call for the deployment of military force

The request for active humanitarian participation by member countries of the League of Nations, as decided in the League of Nations session, was essentially a call for the deployment of military force. While not a demand to stand on the front lines of war, the dispatch of troops to provide rear support, which could never be excessive no matter how many personnel were available, was desired. Under the jurisdiction of the League of Nations Security Council, the South Mongolian Humanitarian Assistance Committee (HQ) was established, tasked with recruiting forces from various countries.

As the details became clear, numerous nations began declaring deployments of troops ranging from regimental to divisional size. This was because the funding for South Mongolian humanitarian assistance activities was fully covered by the League of Nations (G4) and the United States, making it a lucrative side job. The US government, while laughing at the situation, readily provided funds. If money could buy soldiers, and if printing more money could reduce the blood spilled by American youth (thus safeguarding future voters), they were willing to print as much as needed. The United States was indeed demonstrating its strength in a battle of national power (like a sumo grand champion).

. . .

Aerial Battle for the Western Territory of South Mongolia (D-Day+31~45)

The Siberian Republic's air units (Japanese Air Self-Defense Force) deployed to the Frontier Republic Air Base and initiated operational actions. As a result, the casualties from search missions by the USAF bomber squadrons dramatically decreased. The eyes (radar) of the E-767 flying over Mongolian airspace as an exercise covered the territory of South Mongolia, allowing for the complete suppression of the Chinese government's combat aircraft units. Although the USAF had also deployed E-24 airborne early warning aircraft for surveillance from the air, the disparity in performance (due to a century of technological innovation) – in radar capability, control capability, and, above all, communication capability – led to early detection of Chinese Air Force activities.

Once detected, F-5C fighters, which were engaged in combat air patrol (CAP) missions, immediately intercepted and shot down the Chinese aircraft. To address the issue of range, KC-46A aerial refueling and transport aircraft were flown, enabling F-5Cs to remain on station with five aircraft constantly patrolling. *1 Regarding fuel consumption, reserves stored in Japan were sold at a friendly price, and with the assistance of Japan's medium-sized tankers in a size as large as American battleships, fuel was transported to the ports of the Frontier Republic as a service.

Furthermore, Japan provided support for transportation to the front lines. By involving a private military company (SMS Corporation), Japan temporarily borrowed not only equipment belonging to the Japanese Combined Armed Forces but also large tanker trucks/trailers used domestically in Japan, setting aside troublesome legal issues. It was the United States that had issued the support request, fearing the quagmire of war with China, but Japan's response was at a level where the United States would step back slightly (a manifestation of the American Empire's retreat). *2 Thus, regardless of American sentiments, with Japan's support, air superiority in Southern Mongolia rapidly shifted towards the Americans' favor.