13- Brainwash

Akira ignored her and Bakugos so-called kiss because she thought he was just teasing her. Bakugo thinks she doesn't have feelings for him.

Look at these idiots. 🤠

...

Akira

I woke up to my phone buzzing from a few texts. I whined, rolling off my bed and falling to the ground on my back. I stayed there for a good minute, still tired from all the training and my part-time job. It had been a hectic weekend, working out with Bakugo, training with my quirk and then serving customers from 10 AM to 3 PM.

I grabbed my phone from the side table, my blanket wrapped around my body and head. I had a few mentions from our class group chats, Mina spamming my DM's, a few memes from Izuku, Bakugo being bored and one unanticipated message from my mom. I clicked it to see what she wanted to say.

Mom: Hey Akira, I hope you're doing well. I heard you have a sports festival today. I just wanted to wish you luck and let you know that I will be watching. I'm so proud of you and even though you hate me for being unavailable, know that I will always be cheering for you in the background. You are my sweet little Aki, after all.

The text made my insides squeeze. I bought my phone to my chest, and a few uninvited tears made their way to my face. Even though I tried not to think of my parents, I still missed them and found myself seeking their attention. I wiped my face and replied to her text.

Me: Thank you. I'll do my best.

I stuffed my face with breakfast, got dressed and tamed my hair at the same time. It was a big day today, and I couldn't contain my excitement. After getting ready, I left the building to find Katsuki leaning on a wall, scrolling through his phone, waiting for me.

"Good morning, ugly." I waved, hopping towards him. "Look forward to going down by my hands today!"

"Shut the fuck up." He shoved his phone in his pocket and yanked me by the arm. "Why are you always late?"

"I'm not!" I pulled my arm away, walking up ahead.

We walked to the station in silence until I caught a familiar greenhead muttering on the train.

"Izuku!" I exclaimed, sitting beside him. Bakugo gritted his teeth and sat across, giving Midoriya a deadly glare.

"Aki-chan," He smiled.

"Whatcha readin'?" I poked my nose into his phone. "Oh, another article about All Might."

"Yeah..." He put a hand behind his neck, his cheeks faint red. "More importantly, good luck at the sports festival today."

"You too, Zuku!" I laughed. "But, I won't go easy on either of you just 'cause we're friends."

"I'm gonna beat both of you, fuck heads," Bakugo growled.

We got off the train and walked to school, Bakugo walking ahead of us because he did not like talking to Midoriya. Izuku and I animatedly talked about Attack on Titan and then switched the conversation to Hawks, most of it being me fangirling over him.

We made our way to the waiting room after getting changed into gym clothes. I was immediately greeted by my pink friend, who choked me into a hug.

"Mina, I don't plan on dying before the sports festival." I managed to say through her tight embrace.

"But I'm so nervous!" Mina wailed, still clinging to me. "I wonder what the first round will be.

I teleported out of her embrace behind Katsuki and took a seat beside him.