62- Sunset

(Edited)

A/N: If you're rereading and notice the previous chapter (Dance of Love) and a huge chunk of the first section of this chapter gone, it's because I've removed it. It used to have some heavily suggestive content but I decided to remove it for a few reasons. Hope you understand <3

...

Akira

*Day of the festival*

I was doing Ochaco's makeup when I glanced at the time. The music concert was going to start soon, and Midoriya still hadn't come back. I sighed and applied mascara to Ochaco's eyelashes.

"I wonder what's taking him so long," I mumbled.

"He's really cutting it late." She replied, looking in the mirror when I was done. "I love it! Thanks, Aki."

"You're welcome, Ochaco." I smiled.

I looked down at my yellow skirt, fixing a crease. I was a little nervous. We'd have a big audience, and I never danced in front of such a big number of people before. Behind me, Kaminari and Mina were forcing Bakugo to wear the band T-shirt.

"Aki, a little help here!" Mina yelled. I turned back to see her trying to shove the shirt onto him.

"Katsuki shut up and wear it." I deadpanned.

"Hah?! You really think that's gonna make me wear it?!" He yelled. I snatched the shirt from Mina and shoved Bakugos head into the opening of the shirt. "OI, STOP IT!" He yelled. He struggled, but I managed to make him wear it. He was going to take it off again when I slapped his arm.

Midoriya arrived with the rope, covered in dirt and a little blood around his nose. When I asked him what happened, he said he'd tell me after the concert.

We stepped onto the stage and took our positions as the lights grew dim. I took a deep breath and looked at the audience. There were more students than we had imagined.

"Let's fucking go, damn it!" Bakugo exclaimed.

"Let's make a showy opening!" Kirishima added.

"All of U.A... LET'S KILL EM' WITH OUR SOUND!"

A huge explosion followed, and we danced to the music. Once I got into it, I forgot about the nerves and danced with ease. Jirou's vocals echoed in the auditorium.

Hero too, I am a hero too

Midoriya and Ayoma soon jumped to the roof, shining the place with lasers. Todorki's ice fell down as Kirishima chopped it into fine shards, making it look like glitter. It was beautiful. Everything was beautiful. The dance. The music. The special effects. Most importantly, the smiles. Out of all of them, a little girl's smile stood out as the brightest.

Mid-dance, Uravity went around, high-fiving people and making them fly. Sero's tape beautifully decorated everything. It was a sight to behold.

I have met so many heroes in my life

Gave me the strength and courage to survive

Gave me the power to smile every day

Now it's my turn to be the one to make you smile

The song ended, and we looked at the audience, our chests moving up and down, a wide grin spread on our sweaty faces. A cheer erupted from the crowd, followed by whistling and clapping.