42- Manliest Man

Akira

I healed from my injuries pretty fast since I wasn't seriously injured. It was Midoriya that had suffered severe damage. It was the second day since Bakugo had been kidnapped. After getting my wounds and burns healed at the hospital dad worked, he insisted I stay with him since he wanted to make sure I was safe. Mom also came to visit me at dad's place. They ignored each other's presence, pretending the other wasn't there.

I was holed up in the bedroom, under the covers. I was trying to get some sleep since I'd spent the night cursing myself and crying. I managed to get some sleep, but I wasn't sure how long it was. When I woke up again, I thought all of it was a nightmare. I would get out of bed, make breakfast, call Katsuki, and we'd spend time together.

But that wasn't the case.

"Aki... darling. Wake up." My dad knocked on the door. I didn't respond and rubbed my eyes. "Akira, please have some food."

I opened the door. I was in Katsuki's hoodie, hugging my torso, wishing someone would tell me that I was gone mad and that Katsuki was happily shoving breakfast down his throat, yelling at Mitsuki. It didn't happen.

Dad saw my puffy eyes and then the hoodie. He hugged me and kissed my forehead. "Don't worry, Aki. Don't you worry. The heroes are working on finding him."

"Sure, they are." I scoffed.

I walked to the dining table, staring at my french toast. I wasn't hungry. When I was trying to sleep last night, I thought of a stupid thing. What if I didn't give a fuck about the law and tried finding Katsuki myself since it was bloody clear the heroes were taking their sweet time. But how would I find Bakugo? Do I even know where they took him? I frowned.

Hopeless bitch.

"I can feel the gears in your head turn," Dad said, sipping coffee.

"Just not hungry." I pushed the plate away and bought my knees up, hugging them.

"Akira, you haven't had a bite. Please."

I just buried my head in my knees. I heard dad huff. He got up from his chair and walked up to me. He grabbed my plate and sat beside me. He broke a piece of the toast and tapped my shoulder. I looked up at him to find him holding a piece of toast.

"Open up." He said softly. I gave in and let him feed me. I felt like a little girl again. After breakfast, dad got ready for work.

"Don't go out, okay? I don't want to risk you getting into danger." He said, putting on his white doctor's coat.

"I want to visit Izuku," I said almost immediately.

"...I dunno, Aki." He said, now putting on his sneakers. "I don't think it's a good idea."

"Dad, please."

"Okay... if you can get a friend to go with you. Don't go alone." He said, sitting on the couch. "I'll wait right here till you get someone to go with you."

"Don't you have patients to attend to?"

He gave me a look, saying, 'I won't move till you call a friend'. I huffed and grabbed my phone from the bedroom. The wallpaper bought tears to my eyes again. I quickly blinked the tears away and dialled Mina's phone. Mina's phone seemed to be off, so the call didn't get through. I dialled Kirishima's number instead. He picked up almost immediately.

"Akira, hi." His voice was a little guttural. He was probably half asleep.

"I'm sorry, were you asleep?" I asked, feeling bad that I woke him up.