36- I'm Sorry

Akira

We entered the battle zone that pretty much looked like a city area. A cluster of buildings, malls, shops and so on. I was standing between Midoriya and Bakugo, listening to the enormous gates shut behind us.

I was unconsciously biting hard on my lip, thinking desperately of some plan. Of course, I wanted to run through the escape gate, and so did Midoriya, but Bakugo had other plans. If only I could knock some sense into him and make him realise we can't beat All Might. I accidentally bit my lip too hard, drawing blood. Not like it hurt with all the thoughts in my mind.

"Akira-chan... your lip," Midoriya said, concerned.

I stopped biting my lip and wiped the blood with my thumb. Bakugo clicked his tongue and marched forward. Midoriya and I followed him, keeping a safe distance from the walking bomb. I could tell how pissed he was just by the way he walked.

"Aki-chan, I think we should try telling him again," Midoriya said, his voice reduced to a whisper.

"Zuku, you saw how he snapped at me earlier..." I whispered back.

"I know, but he only ever listens to you. Can you please try again...?"

I looked at Midoriya hesitantly. I was mad at Bakugo for what he called me earlier, but I couldn't hold a grudge about it right now since we were in the middle of an exam.

"Okay." I breathed.

I quickened my pace to catch up with the ash blonde's pace.

"Hey," I said hesitantly.

"Changed your damn mind?" Bakugo smirked as if he didn't say anything hurtful to me earlier. But I had to convince him right now. I could give him the silent treatment later.

"About that..." I chuckled nervously. "Katsuki, the teacher are the villains, and we're the heroes. The teachers. And this specific teacher happens to be the number one hero. We need to keep in mind the difference in our combat abilities and make wise decisions. It's All Might we-"

"Shut the fuck up!" Bakugo hollered. "That damn Deku's been feeding you shit, huh?! I'm going to beat All Might! Just watch me!"

"Kacchan, she's right! It's the number one hero we're up against, and I think it would be better if-"

"Why should we run away?!" Bakugo kept a steady pace. "It would be better if we beat him up!"

"Katuki, do think it's that easy?!" I yelled, jogging behind him, followed by Midoriya.

"We will toy with him until it's almost over, and then I'll beat him up!"

"Who do you think All Might is?!" Midoriya raised his voice, panic polluting his tone.

Bakugo turned around, and we came to a stop. Bakugo was going to shove his gauntlet in Midoriya's face when I stepped in between them, taking the hit instead. I fell back, head slamming into Midoriya's chest. Midoriya kept a strong grip on my shoulders to keep me from falling. I shifted beside Midoriya and looked at Bakugo, anger boiling inside me, clutching my bloody nose.

Bakugo's eyes widened, and he stepped towards me. "Akira, baby, I didn't mean to hurt you... I was going to-"

"Step back!" I yelled. "You were going to hit Izuku! Do you think that wouldn't hurt me?! I'm fucking sick of seeing you hate on him all the fucking time! Why can't you knock some sense into your damn brain?! This is a fucking exam!"

Bakugo froze and looked at me in shock. I never yelled at him like that before.

"Kacchan, please try to understand. We're saying this so we can pass the test!" Midoriya said.