58- Wrong

Akira

The streets bustled with various people. Teens hanging out with friends, grumbling adults on their way to work, and elderly enjoying their walk. And then there were heroes, watching over them, patrolling the skies and streets. I jumped from building to building, keeping an eye out everywhere. The 24th of this month was fast approaching, and our team was on high alert, keeping an eye out for Mutilator, the name we gave to the villain.

I hopped onto a low building, which, casually looking around me. It was a little hot, and the back of my hero costume stuck onto my back with sweat. I was grateful when I felt a gust of wind. Far off, I heard something blast, followed by sounds of breaking glass and shrieking. I teleported to a tall building, looking for the source of the chaos. There was a villain with necklaces in his mouth, with a big black bag in one hand. His free hand was shooting giant cannonballs at a jewellery store, causing damage to the building.

I teleported behind the villain and punched his face, causing him to drop the jewellery between his teeth.

"Ah, a hero." He said in a mocking tone. "It was about damn time."

"Hand over the jewellery without a word," I said, holding my hand out.

"How cute." The villain grinned. "The thing about heroes, you see, they put innocent lives first." I frowned, wondering where he was getting at, till I noticed him point his hand at two middle schoolers. I quickly teleported to the pair and teleported them elsewhere yelling a quick apology. 

I teleported back to the villain, who had started to stuff his half-full bag with more jewellery. He didnt seem to notice me yet, since he was too busy inside the shop, laughing like a maniac. I noticed two of his cannon balls lying on the floor. I crouched down and touched the ground with my hand, making the two cannon balls diffuse and explode, making the villain drop the bag and yelp in surprise.

I teleported behind the villain and took the dagger, holding it to his throat. "Dont try to move." I threatened. The villain moved quickly and turned to face me, holding his hands in front of him and shooting out two more cannonballs. I dodged, and the wall behind me was damaged further, making the building shake. 

I teleported behind the villain and hit his head hard with the pommel of the dagger, making him unconscious. I sighed and looked at the damage the villain caused in a few seconds, putting the blade back in its sheath. It would cost a lot of money to repair. I looked for something to tie his hands within the store and found a big roll of ribbon. I tied his hands behind him and called the police to come get him.

"Thank you so much." The manager came running into the shop and took my hands.

"No big deal." I smiled. "Sorry about the wall, though." I pointed to the broken wall behind me.

"It's fine!" He exclaimed. "You saved us from a huge loss. The maniac would have looted the whole store and ran off with it."

I smiled and walked outside, looking at the crowd that had gathered. "Is anyone hurt?" I asked. They all shook their head, some muttering 'no', some cheering. There was a news reporter in the front, reporting the incident, facing the camera to her side. The police arrived shortly and took the unconscious villain away, giving my hand a firm shake before leaving.

"Although there has been damage to the jewellery store and road, the goods are safe, and no one was harmed." The pink-haired woman reported. "Before our hero leaves, let's ask her her name." The camera pointed towards me, and the news reporter held the mic in front of my face. "You hero name?"