53- Ultimate Moves

Akira

"Out of the holiday mood now." Aizawa sensei said, entering the class. Most of the students didn't sense his presence and continued talking or standing out of their seats. Those who noticed him quickly nudged their friends, and so everyone was seated. We knew what happens when Aizawa sensei gets pissed. Sensei walked to his desk and flipped through the pile of papers, which were our submitted holiday homework.

"Okay. Looks like everyone submitted the homework." Aizawa sensei said. He put his hands on the desk and looked at us. "I believe I've mentioned this before, but class 1-A of the hero course will be focusing on getting their provisional licenses. The exam to receive one is obviously very difficult. It has only a 50% passing rate each year." Aizawa sensei explained. The class muttered something about how difficult it was.

"That's why today, we will have each of you come up with at least two ultimate moves."

"Ultimate moves?" Jirou asked. Midnight, Ectoplasm and Cementos entered the classroom. The four teachers explained how ultimate moves worked. Moves that gave us a sure victory. Moves that represent us.

"Change into your costumes and meet in gym gamma!" Aizawa sensei commanded. The class immediately rushed to the locker rooms to change. But I stayed back and took out my sketchbook from my bag.

"You're not coming?" Bakugo asked, looking down at me, flipping through my sketchbook.

"I am," I replied. "Just gotta talk to Aizawa sensei." He nodded and walked outside the class. I found the page with the sketches for my new hero costume and walked to Sensei's desk.

"Sano, I'm sure I told you to meet in gym gamma," Sensei said, looking down at me with bored eyes.

"Yeah, but I want to talk about my hero costume," I said, handing him the sketchbook. He took him from and inspected the design.

"It's completely different from your current one." Sensei pointed out.

"Yeah. My current hero costume is more focused on comfort for moving. I thought it'd be better to change it since this design seems to be more efficient. I also decided to use a few blades since they go well, along with my quirk and fighting style."

Sensei nodded, rubbing his chin. "This one does seem to be better. But you do realise the responsibility that comes with using weapons, right?"

"I'm well aware."

"Alright. You can go to the development studio after class. Power Loader will handle the paperwork and the costume." He said, giving me the sketchbook back. "Now scram."

I smiled and bowed before leaving the class and changing into my soon-to-be old hero costume.

...

I stood on solid concrete raised to the ground, thinking about my ultimate moves. I already had a few ultimate moves but no names for them. Right now, there was something I wanted to try that crossed my mind many times.

"Cementos sensei!" I called out. He looked up at me as I waved my hand. "Can you make me a few moveable blocks of cement?" I asked. Cementos nodded and made me 3 cement blocks.

I touched one of the blocks and closed my eyes. Okay, Akira. Now try to teleport this block inside the other block. I felt my stomach squeeze, but the block didn't move. Concentrate, Akira! I tried a few times again, but the block only teleported on top of the other block. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and teleported the block back to its place, trying again. C'mon, stupid block. Fuse. I held my breath, pressure building up in my stomach. This time the block teleported. I opened my block to see the block partially fused with the other block, causing both blocks to break. I smiled and tried again and again till I perfected it.