33- So In Love

Akira

We took a bus to get to my dad's place. I was sitting next to Bakugo. A nervous Bakugo. He had a calm expression, but his knee was jiggling up and down, so I could tell he was thinking of something. He was thinking of my father, to be specific. He'd met my father many times before when he'd come to hang out with me. But seeing him this nervous to meet my dad as my boyfriend was almost adorable. Is he scared...?

I put my hand on the knee he was jiggling. He stopped moving and looked at me questioningly.

"You don't have to be so tense, Katsu." I smiled.

"I 'aint fucking tense." He clicked his tongue. I rolled my eyes but kept my hand on his knee. I did not bother pressing the issue since it would only result in Katsuki transitioning into an angry pomeranian. (Which he already is.)

We got off at the bus stop. It was only a 10-minute walk from there. I was holding Katsuki's hand and immediately noticed how they were more sweaty than usual. I glanced at him from the corner of my eye. I was lowkey glad Mistuki forced him into wearing that suit. One word. Hot.

"Like what you see?" Bakugo smirked.

"Not at all." I scoffed.

"Don't pretend like you weren't almost drooling."

"Katsuki!" I flushed from embarrassment. "Shut up!"

I knocked on the door, and we were greeted by dad, who consumed me in a warm embrace.

"Hello there Bakugo-kun." Dad grinned, shaking Bakugo's hand. "Nice suit you got there."

"Thanks. The idiotic old- I meant my mother made me wear it." I had to contain my laughter. He was trying to use appropriate language speaking to dad.

"Well, the food's waiting." Dad smiled. He was wearing a pink apron that looked oddly hilarious.

"Nice apron, dad." I giggled, sitting at the dining table.

"Isn't it?" He winked. "It was dead cheap, so I just had to buy it."

Bakugo sat on the chair next to mine while dad sat across from us. I put some rice and curry on my plate, proceeding to serve Bakugo. Bakugo poured himself some water from the jug.

"That's a big scar." My dad said, pointing at my neck "It's from the stain incident right?"

"Yeah..." I said, running a hand over my scar. I stopped covering it up after Bakugo asked me to stop.

"Hero work is so dangerous." My dad smiled worriedly.

"Don't worry, dad." I showed him a thumbs-up. "'S all good."

"Soooo," My dad smiled mischievously, looking at Bakugo. "You are my daughter's boyfriend now, huh?"

"Uh. What... yeah." Bakugo said his spine straightening. He's stuttering.

"Hmmmmmmmmmm." My dad pursed his lips and studied Bakugo. Bakugo nervously took a sip from his glass, his hand trembling. I was watching them amusingly, eating my curry rice. I wasn't worried about what my dad would say since I already knew how happy he was when I told him over the phone. He obviously wanted to tease Bakugo.

After a moment of silence and intense staring, dad finally said something.

"You can't have my daughter."

"Wha-" Bakugo suddenly stood up, causing the glass in his hand to spill water on his suit.

"Just kidding!" My dad rubbed the back of his neck, sprouting flowers from his head. "I always wanted to say that!"