70- Dream Lantern

Recommended song for this chapter: Perfect- by Ed Sheeran

I was listening to music and this song came up. I couldn't help but think that its the perfect song for this chapter.

Akira

Katsuki and I sat on the couch, his arm draped around my shoulder as I looked at cute manicures on Pinterest. Katsuki was going 'nah', 'yeah, that's good' as I scrolled through the pins. I was mostly looking for jelly nails inspo since I'd been wanting to get these for ages.

"By the way, what time are we going to the festival, babs?" I asked, leaning my head on his chest. His hand came down to the small of my back.

"Around seven thirty." He replied. "We have to go to the hag's place first."

"Your parents? Why?"

"When I mentioned that we'd be going, they made us fucking yukata's." He muttered, clearly pissed. "Not like I'm gonna wear-"

"Yukata's?!" I exclaimed, taking my head off his chest and sitting up straight, clapping my hands together. "I haven't worn one in years! I can't wait to wear it!~"

"Tch." He averted his crimson eyes away from mine. "I aint wearing one."

"Aww, why not?!" I pouted. "I never saw you in one!"

"You dont need to." He rolled his eyes. "Besides, it's annoying."

I squished his cheeks with a hand, making him look at me while I squished his face. He looked at me with raised brows. I made googly eyes and puckered my lips.

"Please?" I said, not dropping the act.

"No."

"Pretty please?!"

"No."

"No more cuddles for you. I'll borrow Mina's giant stuffed cheetah and cuddle it instead of you." I crossed my arms and looked away, trying to stifle laughter.

"What the fuck?! You can't just replace me with a damn stuffed toy!"

"Oh yes, I can." I deadpanned.

"Fucking shit." He muttered. "Fine! I'll wear it."

"You are the best! I gib you big fat kith." I smooched his cheek as he tried to pry me off him.

"You're slobbering my face!" He yelled. "At least give me a proper kiss!"

"After I see you in a Yukata. Maybe."

...

We knocked on the door. Mitsuki immediately opened the door, dragging us both inside, resulting in Bakugo yelling at us.

"Akira, you're going to love your yukata!" Mitsuki exclaimed. "We made you and the brat matching yukatas!"

"Im so excited!" I grinned.

"Who are you calling a brat?!" Bakugo yelled at Mitsuki.

"You and who?" Mitsuki deadpanned. Ignoring his yelling, she turned to Masaru. "Honey, can you help Katsuki with his yukata while I help Akira?"

"Sure thing," Masaru replied. Katsuki gave me one glance and walked after his father. He wanted that kiss. Mitsuki took me to her bedroom and closed the door behind her.

"Here you go." She said, taking a baby blue Yukata with white and dark blue flowers embroidered on it. I gasped as I took it from her.

"It's so pretty, Mitsuki! Did you make it?"