Chapter 9

The car ride was going all silent and both the men sitting inside it were really uncomfortable with it. They are used to bickering with each other all the time and now sitting like this in complete silence was very awkward for them.

But Jungkook being the very good boy he is, decided to break this damned tension going on around them.

He cleared his voice and started "so, why are you all dressed up for a grocery shopping?" Finally after decades Taehyung faced him, with an eyebrow raised.

He again turned his face straight to concentrate on the road, because if he won't then who knows they can even face the god?

"Well, I was going for a date" Jungkook snapped his head towards the other with big shocked eyes, is this man infront of him on drugs or what? "then what are you doing here, with me?" He asked while Taehyung shrugged "chose to annoy you over the date. Simple!"

The words slipped out of his mouth so casually like he didn't just stood up his date and chose to eat his head.

Jungkook sat there, just too astonished to speak anything, before he sighed and shook his head "you're unbelievable" he felt bad for the person whom this guy beside him just stood up.

"I know!" Taehyung exclaimed with a playful grin and winked at Jungkook who rolled his eyes "such a player, aren't you Kim?" He asked with much sarcasm lacing his voice.

Taehyung just shrugged "I am what I am and it is what it is" while Jungkook again rolled his eyes "and you say I'm a brat"

"You are!"

"I swear to god Taehyung–!"

And the saga continues.

<3<3<3<3<3

"What are you doing there?" Jungkook peeked his head out from the end of a stall to see what Taehyung was doing while the said man turned around and "this" he replied as he showed Jungkook what was in his hand.

Jungkook's face immediately heated up seeing what the older was showing him. Because you know Taehyung was literally casually standing there, showing him– his soon-to-be brother-in-law

A box of

Condom.

Like, what the fuck?

"What–" "want some?" Taehyung asked as Jungkook eyes widened at the question and his face became even redder than before.

"You– you are disgusting!" He yelled on Taehyung's face and hurried away from him, leaving the older chuckling at his behaviour.

<3<3<3<3<3

Taehyung whistled as he stood beside Jungkook who was doing the billing.

"XXXXXXX won sir" said the cashier and there was one credit card and one black card infront of her face. Both the male snapped their heads to eachother's direction.

"Don't you dare start this" Jungkook warned as he glared at the older who rolled his eyes "come on, your mom would be happy" he said

"No she won't be! Now back off!" Jungkook argued while Taehyung tsked and turned his face towards the cashier lady watching them awkwardly "excuse me, which one do you like more?" He asked as he pointed at the two money cards with his eyes.

And ofcourse who would not like 'the black card' more?

"This?" She pointed at what was in Taehyung's hand, the blackish looking card while Taehyung let out a laugh "then it's settled, we will pay from this" he did the payment with his money and then mockingly smiled at Jungkook who just grumbled.

"Aww, don't be angry! You can buy me umm..." He looked around and spotted something which would be fine "a lolipop!"

Jungkook rolled his eyes "yeah yeah kid" he remarked grumpily and proceeded to buy Taehyung lolipops.

Taehyung immediately opened one and tucked it in his mouth "Want one?" He asked as he shoved the candy infront of the latter's face.

Jungkook shook his head in disapproval "no I don't" Taehyung tsked "you will take this or the one in my mouth?" He asked with an eyebrow raised but then laughed out when Jungkook glared at him and snatched the candy from his grasp.

The cashier lady who was watching the scene unfold infront of her eyes couldn't help but let out a chuckle at the duo.

<3<3<3<3<3

Taehyung helped Jungkook get his stuff out from the car's trunk and again got back into the driver's seat.

Jungkook started sauntering towards his house when Taehyung called out his name. He turned to look at the older with a frown and asked "what?"

Taehyung smirked before shouting

"you've got a nice waist"

He smirked even more looking at the younger's shocked face and then started the engine before driving off.

Jungkook just stood there dumbfounded before shaking his head and continued strolling towards his house "he won't stop messing around with me" he sighed and went inside his house but instantly froze when he took in his surrounding.

So many workers running hither and thither in hurry and doing their work, their house was now having some decoration and workers were still working on it. Big baskets of flowers kept almost everywhere, which he assumed were for the decorations too.

To say in simple words, thier house was in a half-done decorated condition.

His mother who was also in a hurry, spotted him gawking at his own very house with big eyes and rushed towards him "Kookie!"

Jungkook eyes fell on his mom who was now coming in his direction "mom, what is all this?" He asked in a small voice when Somi finally approached him.

"Son...

Tomorrow's your engagement!"