Chapter 33

"Was it him?"

"Yes"

Jungkook's eyes widened when the man, whom Daehyung brought along with him, nodded at him.

"Why are you lying? Why are you doing this?" Jungkook made a poor move to ask the man, clearly knowing he won't get an answer.

"Tell them everything that you told me" Daehyung ordered and the man nodded before starting.

"He called by the office telephone and claimed to offer me money if I did what he said. He ordered me to lock Sir in his cabin and I–" he stopped when he was suddenly gripped by his collar, almost suffocating him.

"And you did! You fucking!–" Taehyung gritted out while Eunbi rushed to separate him from the poor man.

"Leave him Tae!" She freed Taehyung's grip on his collar and gently pushed him away from the man.

"And on what basis are you claiming that he is the one who called?" Taehyung demanded, through gritted teeth and eyes blown wide from anger. "Do you have any recordings?"

The man stayed quite, eyes uncertain in fear before he looked back at Taehyung "I don't have any recording Sir, but the caller identified themselves as Jeon Jungkook and I recognise clearly that that voice and his' are the same" he pointed at Jungkook who was looking at him with disbelief.

He sat down on the couch with his face in his hands and trailed off "God".

"You have heard it all now Taehyung. Still got something to argue about?" Daehyung asked his brother, hint of sarcasm evident in his vioce.

"Yes!" Taehyung exclaimed, seething "how can you believe a complete stranger who does not even has any appetizing proof but not believe somebody whom you claimed to love?" Jungkook looked up at him.

Love? Huh, the beginning of all this.

Daehyung loved him that is why he accepted to marry him and he loved his parents that is why he accepted to marry Daehyung. Now, that has created a big mishap.

This fucking love.

"He has brought me to this stage. Now I prefer to believe a stranger than him" Daehyung said bitterly.

"You not believing me will only do him favours" Jungkook stood up as he pointed at the man now standing in complete silence "not you, not me"

Daehyung stared at him in silence before turning around and walking out. Eunbi followed him but not before muttering "Go now" to the man. The man obeyed and left the house.

Jungkook watched them leave but looked down on his hand when he left another engulf it.

He stared at Taehyung's hand holding his with a complete blank mind.

What will he do now? How will he prove his innocence?

"Don't worry" he looked up at the older when he heard him speaking.

"I trust you. And hunting the truth is just a minute away" Jungkook frowned "what?" He asked in confusion.

Taehyung smiled at him "Jeon Jungkook gave him money"

"No I didn't–" "shhh" Taehyung put his index finger on his lips, stopping him from justifying himself.

"Let me complete silly" Jungkook frowned at Taehyung's sudden coolness.

Still with Taehyung's finger on his lips he started speaking "you were so furious just now and suddenly you are so chilled" he asserted while Taehyung laughed, finding the younger adorable.

"I could not process my brain then, but now I have processed my brain and found out a solution too. So I'm chilled" he shrugged.

"Hear me out. The Jeon Jungkook he talked about offered him money, now my Jeon Jungkook will offer him money!" Taehyung exclaimed.

"Your Jungkook?" Jungkook asked making Taehyung halt.

He did not answer instead turned away and started pulling the younger along with him to follow the man "come on, let's hurry"

Jungkook chuckled "are you blushing?"

"Shut up" Taehyung grumbled, actually hiding away his blush.

Jungkook did shut up. Letting himself be pulled by Taehyung's hand holding his while his heart eyes never left Taehyung.

"Hey!" Taehyung yelled, making the man stop on his track.

"Jesus" he mumbled under his breath. He should have paced a little fast and left this mansion already.

He turned around and found Taehyung and Jungkook walking to him.

He broke into a cold sweat when Taehyung stood in front of him and smiled. Fucking smiled!?

"You did a great job." The man gulped at Taehyung's words.

"This" Taehyung pointed at Jungkook "man here paid you right?" He asked. The man stared at them wide eyed before nodding his head slowly.

"Seems like you can do anything for money." Taehyung smiled sarcastically at him "So, now he is offering you double that amount" that man chocked. Double!?

"F–for?" He asked and Taehyung's eyes turned fierce "a simple thing"

"Tell the truth."

The man's already wide eyes widened even more.

"Tell us what exactly happened that day and who paid you. Do this much and get your money" Taehyung said callously.

"If you are worrying that they will hurt you, then I promise you here if you don't tell the truth right now then you won't get any money from us but you won't get your life either." Taehyung said darkly.

"His father is a bad bad lawyer, he can put you behind the bars even if you did nothing." The man shuddered.

"Now you decide, spill the truth and get more money or continue helping them and get behind the bars" Taehyung's demeanor changed in a fraction of second. Playing it cool as he shrugged and looked at Jungkook, smirking.

"Gotta use that father of yours" he mumbled, earning a hard pinch from the younger.

Both of their attention then went to the man who seemed to be questioning his life decisions.

♡♡♡♡♡

*buzz buzz buzz buzz buz–*

"Why are you calling me?" A female voice gritted out with much annoyance.

"I am sorry ma'am but there's an issue arisen." The caller informed making her frown "what is it?" She asked calmly, hoping that there is no harm for her.

"They are demanding the truth from me" she scoffed.

"Ofcourse they would. But what you gotta do is keep that mouth of your's shut. I paid you." She put weight on her words as a warning and also as a reminder.

The frown masked her features again when she heard the caller sigh "but ma'am they are willing to pay me twice the amount you paid" her eyes widened.

"Don't fall for that! I can pay you double too. Don't you dare open your mouth to them! You get it!?" She whisper yelled. Afraid of anyone listening to her.

"I am sorry again ma'am, but they already paid me more than double." Her eyes almost fell out of the sockets.

No no no. This can't be happening.

"Tell me you didn't utter a single word to them." She whispered in trance.

Come on, everything was going smoothly and accordingly. All her efforts can not be just ruined because of this cheap man.

"I did." That's it.

"How dare you!? You cheap! Who did you tell!? Tell me who did all this!?" She screamed to the phone, failing to contain the emotions at her fail.

"Us" came from behind her.

She felt her heart stop functioning for a second before she turned around to face the now opened door of her room.

"What did you gain Eunbi?"