Chapter 11

"AAH!!–"

Loud gasps erupted from the guests as they saw the main character of the event falling down from the stairs.

But, again sighs of relief went past their lips when they saw Jungkook in Taehyung's arms.

Taehyung, who was just standing by the stairs, immediately caught Jungkook by his waist and lifted him in the air, in his embrace.

Jungkook stared into Taehyung's eyes with his own, wide from shock eyes. His hands gripping the other's shoulders tightly as he felt Taehyung's grip tighten around his waist.

"How clumsy can you be?" Taehyung whispered to the boy in his arms and stared at his face for a few seconds before putting him down when their families approached them.

"Are you ok!?" Daehyung asked while he held Jungkook's hands in his own, out of worry. "Yeah" Jungkook breathed out and glanced at Taehyung who was already staring at him.

Jungkook didn't break the eye contact with Taehyung, rather he slowly pulled his hands out of Daehyung's hold.

Daehyung frowned when Jungkook slid his hands out of his hold but he didn't complain. He turned to Taehyung and hugged him "Thanks Tae" he murmured to his brother before pulling back and flashing a small smile.

"Be a little more careful kookie" Jin said in concerned voice which brought back Jungkook's attention to his surrounding.

Jungkook turned his face towards Jin and nodded before glancing at his father who was looking at him with disappointed eyes. He gulped and lowered his head.

"Come on now, everything's fine. It's your party, enjoy. Hm?" Namjoon gently smiled at Jungkook which he returned with one and nodded "yes" the elder patted his head before all of them went in different directions but Daehyung, Taehyung, Jungkook and Jimin still stood there.

Jungkook looked up at Daehyung before assuring him "I'm really fine. Don't worry anymore" he showed him a small smile as Daehyung nodded with a sigh.

Jungkook then nudged Jimin to get out of there. While Jimin silently nudged back "excuse us" Jungkook mumbled and the two best friends walked away from the Kim brothers.

<3<3<3<3<3

"Don't you think you should thank Taehyung?" Jimin asked before taking a sip of his champagne "yeah" Jungkook replied while his eyes wandered around the place, in search of Taehyung.

"He's there" Jungkook forced Jimin's head to look in Taehyung's direction, once he spotted him at the mini bar "then what you waiting for? Let's go" Jimin dragged his best friend to the bar before stopping right infront of Taehyung.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow at both of them before fixing his gaze on Jungkook. He was about to ask something when a voice beside him spoke "do I know you?" Taehyung rolled his eyes at his best friend "Yoongi hyung?" He called out as a warning but Yoongi very well ignored him and stared at Jimin, who well knew what this Yoongi guy is starting.

"Now you sure will" Jimin said with a laugh making Yoongi grin widely. But Jimin's own smile fell off when Jungkook mumbled to him "shut up bitch" Jimin rolled his eyes "you shut up bitch. Let me sail my boat" Jimin mumbled back before leaving Jungkook's side and walking to Yoongi.

Jungkook watched his best friend betray him with open mouth but somebody infront of him cleared his throat, bringing him back from whatever mental damage he was going through.

Jungkook moved his eyes to Taehyung, who just stood infront of him with a glass of drink in his hand. "So?" Taehyung stretched the word as Jungkook gulped "umm.. thanks" he said avoiding Taehyung's eyes because you know, thanking someone you hate doesn't feels right.

"For?" Taehyung asked making Jungkook mentally curse at him "catching me?" Jungkook said, unsure at his choise of word. Taehyung smirked and hummed "well–"

Taehyung's words got cut off when Hyebin started speaking on the mic "let's start the engagement ceremony now! Please shower your blessings on my son and son-in-law!" Hyebin grinned widely while slowly all the important members started gathering on the stage.

Taehyung and Jungkook faced eachother, coincidentally at the same time, before Taehyung again opened his mouth to speak

"Let's go" he said to which Jungkook nodded and both called their bestfriends to go to the stage along with them, because the two seemed too much into their flirting to care about what was announced on the mic.

Jungkook stood beside Daehyung and smiled at him 'cause he is not a bad guy. Daehyung didn't know if Jungkook held any feelings behind that smile but still his heart fluttered because the love of his life just smiled at him.

Taehyung nudged his brother with his shoulder to get him out of his trance and teased him "big bro are you whipped already?" He asked.

Daehyung just blushed before answering dreamily "yeah"

And Taehyung's forced smile finally fell off.