Chapter one - Injustice

Nigel:

It took hours before Alex finally ended up at the police station, where they gave him dry clothes, - the only outfit he was about to see for the coming days,- and got him to an interrogation room. Yes, it took hours, but it passed by like minutes to Alex, who had his mind of everything beside the man now sitting in front of him. Despite Alex' near state of shock, the questions got shot at Alex like the bullet had gone through Nigel's head.

"Why were you there at that time of night? What was the last you said to Nigel? Where did you get the gun? Why did you get involved with Nigel? Did you hate him?"

It was the same damn question every time, but wrapped up in different shitty packages of bullshit. It was a so called 'subtile' way of questioning for the answer they were dying to get:

"Did you kill Nigel Colbie?"

Detective McKenzie finally asked directly now. His forehead was wrinkled, revealing he frowned a lot,- just as he did now. He tapped his fingers on the table in a usual habit, waiting for Alex to respond.

Alex:

Though it took the police hours to drive me at the proper police station, I hadn't noticed once that I was riding with the cops. My head wasn't here. My heart wasn't here. In my eyes it only took a few minutes to take me to the police station. It was like I had been dreaming, all the time. As soon as I arrived, I redressed myself to go to a interrogation room afterwards. It wasn't something I expected. It wasn't some I had noticed. It seemed like I just suddenly woke up in an entire "new" world on an whole new time. I still couldn't believe what happened. Probably because I was still in a terrible shock.

For hours mister McKenzie had questioned me. All the time the same damn questions which I had answered, but the answer didn't seemed to make any sense - not to him at least. I had stared in front of me. Partially all the time, emotionless as my hands laid motionless on the table in front of me. Then, suddenly, the question came. The question was clear this time.

'I didn't,' I mumbled hoarse as I stared straight through his right shoulder, rubbing my fingers over the back of my left hand now. 'I didn't killed him.' I nibbled on my lower lip for a second and blinked once afterwards. 'He killed himself.'

Nigel:

Detective McKenzie sighed impatiently. He knew he had to be professional in his job. That he had to be patient and that he couldn't let his emotions influence his work. He knew he had to. He also knew he couldn't. He was only human, driven to force justice. And he knew this kid was guilty.. Oh he knew it, like he always knew. His intuition had never been wrong before. And yet, that would not stand up in court.

"The gun had your fingerprints on it, the gunpowder was on your hands, indicating you were holding the gun. Not to mention that three people died brutally in the past weeks, and all were directly related to you. You lied to me when I asked you about Susan. So give me one good reason, why I should believe you now."

Alex:

I licked my lips, placing my back against the backrest of the chair now as detective McKenzie began to sigh. I could see it by the way in his eyes that he didn't believed me - and of course he didn't. I held the gun, got involved by all these deaths. It wasn't just coincidence. Of course he began to suspect. He even had the right to it. But I was totally honest now, and he had to know that.

I gritted my teeth when mister McKenzie let all these reports and facts rolling over the table. I already knew all these things. He didn't had to tell me twice. I blinked again, staring over his shoulder now against the wall behind him.