Chapter 21 - What are you keeping from me?

Alex:

Alex licked his lips - not even lightly discussed by the copper-rich taste which played with the taste buds on his tongue. He swallowed the red substance away and softly stroked over his painful nose now. He gritted his teeth and succeeded to rip his gaze away from the weak body now. The guy was groaning as he tried to come up. At least he got what he deserved.

He gazed at Nigel now, gazing at his jaw to see if it had damaged a thing. He got quite surprised by the red substance which had left Nigel his mouth as soon as he had spit. Somehow it still fascinated him - since Nigel had really died.

Alex slowly nodded as Nigel pulled him along again. It was a miracle that no one had seen it, the whole accident - and honestly he was highly relieved by that. He didn't wanted to be in trouble again.

'He shouldn't have touched you,' Alex mumbled now as he pulled a cranky expression. He snorted again and wiped the back of his hand underneath his nose. 'Sorry for making a mess again. It wasn't my intention. London is a shity place, you know? One big filthy hole...'

Nigel:

Nigel's jaw was bruised and pounding, but it was nothing serious if you considered his jaw had been disconnected once just as his nose had broken twice. Thinking of that he nodded once towards Alex' nose.

"Did he break it?"

He walked inside the library and moved right on towards the bathrooms. In there he wetted a piece of paper and he turned to carefully clean the blood from Alex' face.

"I know.." he just said softly, though it wasn't entirely clear whether he was speaking about the fact the guy shouldn't have touched him or that London was a filthy hole.

"You didn't have to do that, though.. It wasn't like he hit you and I'm used to it."

Alex:

Alex stroked his fingers over his nose again and gritted his teeth. It hurt incredibly much, but he had no idea if it was actually broken, so he shrugged his shoulders.

'I don't know. Does it looks like it's broken? You're the magicman here with the knowledge of the human body.'

When they entered the library, some people stared at them but luckily didn't say a thing. As soon as they reached the bathroom and Nigel began to clean up Alex his face, he sighed and gritted his teeth again. His nose pounded. In his head it was like his nose had become ten times as big.

'I had to,' he answered as soon as Nigel told him he didn't had to punch the guy for punching Nigel. ‘Out of principle. You're everything to me, remember? He has no rights to hurt you, not even though you're used to is, that's just bullshit.'

Nigel:

He studied Alex' nose and slowly shook his head.

"I can't tell.. perhaps.. But the bone's not out of it's bridge so I don't have to put anything back. It'll have to heal itself."

He looked back in Alex' eyes when he explained when he had to and Nigel actually smiled now as if touched by Alex' words. He moved forward to place his lips shortly against those of Alex, - though his jaw protested painfully,- before stepping back again.

"I know.." he said still smiling as he cleaned the last of Alex' chin and threw away the paper in the nearby bin.

"But I meant that he'll get what's coming for him anyway.. What do you think, Jack? Does he live alone?"

Alex:

A short relieved sigh escaped Alex his mouth when Nigel told him it wasn't broken - probably. Good, that made quite some things better, but didn't let the pain become less - sadly.