Chapter 26 - Bitch fight

Alex:

Alex had a nightmare that night. A terrible one - though it had gave him so much power. When he woke up, he could still feel the adrenaline running through his veins. It was bloodthirsty, brute, sexually oriented and demonic. It was a nightmare about Nigel. Alex dreamed he'd killed him - this time for real, with his own bare hands. The roles were switched - like Alex had took in the place of John Harness, and Nigel had took in the place of one of his preys. A handkerchief, tied around Nigel his neck while Alex poured his sexual frustration on him. It was insane, how Alex dreamed about killing Nigel by letting him choke.

He slowly pressed himself up, staring down at Nigel his body. His head laid still on Alex his chest, and his arm was lightly wrapped around his waist now. Alex swallowed, staring cautiously at him with a slice of panic. He was afraid he'd actually killed Nigel in his sleep, since he caught himself from having his fingers wrapped around Nigel his neck when he woke up - as if he had tried to strangle him like he had done in his dream, but then without the handkerchief.

'Nigel?' Alex whispered softly. 'Nigel, wake up. We got our night planned.'

Nigel:

Nigel's night was mostly dreamless, as it was most of the time. A product came with the absence of a proper conscience. He smiled, though, when he slept, which was also usual. In his sleep his cold stares and attitude fell from his face, making place for something near to innocence. He looked even younger and smaller like that.

He just exhaled against the fabric of Alex' shirt at first without opening his eyes when he woke him.

"You stole my line.." he mumbled sleepily and only then he opened his eyes. He looked up at Alex with that same boyish, innocent stare, before the cold emotionless mask caught up.. all which happened in less than two minutes.

"What time is it?"

Alex:

Alex his breath got stuck in his throat for a second when he thought Nigel wasn't going to give any response. Of course, he was panicking way too fast - which shower the fact that he was way too afraid of being left perfectly alone again, which happened before. He pressed his fingers tightly against the fabric of his shirt when he realized Nigel opened his eyes and spoke again - as if he got a heart attack.

Not much effort took Alex, because the next moment there was a deadpan smile on his face. A soft chuckle left his mouth, and he tilted his head as he kept leaning upon his elbows.

'I know. Hopefully that's not a crime?'

Alex gazed up to the bay window, again meeting the fog. Rain clattered against the hazy bumpy glass. What time was it actually? Perhaps they had only slept for an hour, or maybe they had slept too much.

His eyes searched through the room now, searching for some object that would reveal the time. His eyes fell on an old clockwork - which ticked softly, but you weren't able to hear it since the clattering rain overtook the noise.

'Two O'clock. That's good, right?' He slowly turned his face back to Nigel's where he met Nigel his innocent stare. Alex could only gasp at the assault on his senses...

'Come on. We'll leave within fifteen minutes. Okay?'

Nigel:

He looked at Alex thoughtfully for a moment, as if he noticed the shock within Alex. But when he smiled at him Nigel decided it was probably nothing serious and he nodded, smiling back.

"It's not.. We share the same mind we might as well share our lines."

For a moment Nigel simply put his head back against Alex' chest and closed his eyes again, enjoying the rhythm of the rain, - which was crashing down by now,- and the warmth of Alex' body for as long as he could before he'd have to get outside in that very rain. When Alex said they'd have to leave in fifteen minutes he gave up, - with a sigh that is,- and finally pulled himself up off the matrass.