Chapter seventeen - Hangover

Alex:

Alex turned his head to face Nigel, and pulled up his eyebrows as soon as he noticed Nigel tried to lay on the hood of the car or so.

'Hé, get into the car with your lazy ass, otherwise Saint Peter is going to spank you.' He took Nigel his arms and pulled him towards the passengers seat. 'There you go.' As soon as Alex took place behind the wheel, he putted the keys in the keyhole and licked his lips. He gazed at Nigel now.

'So- Where are we going?'

Nigel:

Nigel mumbled something in reply while laying on the hood of the car but it was nothing that anyone would be able to understand. It was probably something unintelligent anyway, though.

He tried to stay on the hood but eventually Alex managed to pull him off and he followed him as he guided him to the passengers seat, which he gratefully slumped down in.

Once in the car he looked back at Alex and smiled sheepishly when asked where to go.

"Rosie," he answered, because at the moment that was the only thing he could relate to the place.

As the car drove off,- swaying but for the rest seemingly okay,- Nigel stared out of the window and god knows what things were playing in his head.. When he suddenly interrupted the silence with a loud and victorious: "I got it!" Like he just solved a really tough mystery, and he smiled overly satisfied with himself while still staring out of the window.

Alex:

'You stay in there, otherwise this car is going to drive you over. Good?'

Alex nodded when Nigel mentioned they had to go to Rosie. The thing was, would he recognize where he had to go while driving? Well, they would see that whenever they were driving, right?

Alex had tried to drive as proper as he could when he drove towards the place where they could find their attic - or at least, he hoped so. Perhaps they would end up in the middle of nowhere whenever the sun would get up. Who knew? Alex had rubbed his forehead when this painful feeling went through his head again. He groaned softly and sighed every now and then.

Then, when Nigel suddenly shouted out he had it, Alex seemed to got waken up and pressed the hooter by accident.

'YIKES!' he shouted as he turned his face towards Nigel's now, pulling this angry face as he shook his head. 'The hell is wrong with you? You scared the shit out of me.'

He licked his lips and realized than that he wasn't focusing at the road anymore, and he got woken up again by some other drivers tooting at them. Alex blinked, and pressed in the brake now, trying to get back on the road again.

'Shit,' he mumbled as he gazed in his mirror, seeing how a woman behind them putted up her middle finger. 'That woman is an hothead. Guess she doesn't likes my way of driving or so. Bitch.'

Nigel:

He turned his head back to Alex in surprise and studied him for a moment, as if he had forgotten Alex was here too. Then a warm smile crossed his face and he stared at Alex dreamily, even as he was loudly cursing now.

"I love you, Jack.." he said suddenly, and then he moved over to lay his head on Alex' shoulder. He closed his eyes and before Alex had time to respond he was gone.. Fallen asleep the second his head found a surface to rest on.

As they had finally gotten to their destination, - whether that was an attic or the first hotel Alex could find,- Nigel still hadn't woken up, though. And even shaking and shouting at him wasn't enough to wake Nigel from his coma. He was truly knock-out.