Chapter 23 - Bus trip

Alex:

'Oh, that's probably only because- Just because. I don't know. I feel better though, so that's a good thing. The sad feeling lowered in time, my nose is... paralyzed and my head got less ached. I bet the rest and silence from the library has some kind of benefits after all.' Though Alex had talked practicably all the time. Perhaps it was because of the book that gave him these great thoughts.

'I'm still impressed, though,' Alex suddenly spoke thoughtfully. As soon as Nigel took over the half of the books, he searched for Nigel his eyes and lifted his chin a bit.

'How did you find me?' he asked afterwards. Softly, soothing, and with this little sense of comprehensible in his eyes. 'Why did you actually came back, since you knew what kind of a mess I've became?'

He pursed his lips and hit his eyes now for a moment.

'Don't get me wrong please, I was just wondering. I'm sure you're going to answer, just because we are united and meant to be one - am I right?'

Nigel:

Nigel didn't comment on the explanation to why he felt better. He was ready to take Alex' word for it. Even Alex couldn't be moody all the time. Or pretend to..

As Alex searched for Nigel's eyes he didn't return the favor, though, and kept his gaze fixed at the books and after that the ground in front of him.

"Like I said.. I had help. And your thoughts helped too.. When you didn't know about the connection yet they were a lot easier to read."

He didn't mention how he felt whenever Alex wasn't thinking of their cause anymore, only about getting laid by Isabelle, and also how he felt whenever Alex did think of him.. Which was indescribable.

He sighed when Alex wondered why he came back. Wasn't it obvious yet?

"Yes. ... That for most part. And besides.. Someone had to get you out of that mess. Thirdly.. I never break my promises, as mentioned before. Do you really believe I ever even considered giving up on you? On us? Did you really think I died for that?"

Alex:

Alex and Nigel both left the public library now and got revealed into the light again. It was late in the afternoon now, around five o'clock perhaps. Alex snorted and looked down at his books as well now - though it was only for a little moment.

'I'm curious to the person you had help from. I'm very grateful to that person.' A little smile crossed his face for a few seconds, but it disappeared in time. He inhaled deeply again, walking towards the nearest bus station.

'I had no idea, actually. I honestly started to lose faith, though, since it took you so long and I had no contact with you anymore. Sometimes I heard you in my head, saw you vaguely around. After a year you didn't came anymore, you practically disappeared. Your voice stayed in my head, though, but only imaginable. I made myself believe that you were still there. I'd continued like that for two years, and then I dropped down. Almost all the hope was gone, but I always kept the book and all the stuff with me.' He didn't want to mention the word skull, somehow. It didn't make any sense to him anyway.

Nigel:

He pursed his lips and nodded.

"I'm grateful to him too.."

That's all he said about it, nothing more. James didn't want his being known. He didn't want people to come after him, which Nigel understood perfectly. So he wouldn't tell him that. After all he did Nigel felt he owed him that.