Chapter two - A forensic psychologist

Nigel:

Just as Alex went out into some episode, shaking like a madman, he could suddenly feel a pair of arms closing around him, a hand straddling his cheek and through his hair.

"Shh.. it's alright. Be calm or they'll hear us."

There was no sight of Nigel anywhere near, and yet his voice was so vivid, so close. So was his touch on Alex' skin, the hand moving through his hair, a pair of soft lips kissing Alex' cheekbone in an attempt to calm him down.

"I'm here," the voice said. It wasn't sure whether this was a blessing or a curse.

Alex:

My whole body was shaking now, trembling like a madman like I was sitting totally naked on the North Pole, or like I was close to a heart attack because of the nerves. I inhaled deeply, trying to calm down, but instead of that I pulled up my legs to wrap my arms around them and sob inaudible afterwards. My lower lip was still trembling- correction: my whole body was still trembling.

It was then that I suddenly felt two warm and caring arms around me, though it was cold and deathly at the same time. It was frightening. I immediately gazed up and parted my lips as I heard someone. I felt someone. I saw nobody, though.

Then, suddenly I kept feeling it. That familiar caring gesture, the touch. The familiar smell. It was Nigel. It had to be. I swallowed as I felt two warm, soft and brushing lips kissing my cheekbone as I closed my eyes. A loud gasp - or sob - got audible as I dropped my head between my two legs now. Affection.

It was like I felt him so incredibly close now, but there was no body. Nothing but me, myself and this cold empty cell. I swallowed again, immediately gazing up as I heard another sound. It was clearly the voice of Nigel. Low, soothing, echoing this time. I gazed around as I tried to breathe normal - something what didn't succeeded.

'Why?' I could only manage to choke out. 'For god sake why!?'

With that, I obviously meant why he killed himself, though I knew for almost two hundred pre cent that I was going mad, and that there was nothing more in my room but and odd and killing silence.

Nigel:

Nigel sat next to him.. well for as far as he could do that. He knew Alex couldn't see him, though. Despite this fact, he was calm. Of course he didn't wish to see Alex like this.. Weak and vulnerable. But he would be alright. they would be alright. In fact, they could do what they were destined for.. soon..

"You know why," he said in a tone of slight regret and he smiled sadly. He didn't want to die. But he had to. It was a shame Alex couldn't see that. But he would.

"It was a necessary means to an end."

He continued brushing his hand gently through Alex' hair. He couldn't place another kiss at his cheek because Alex hid his face between his knees, so he placed one in his neck instead, desperately trying to calm the other down even though his could also just make it worse.