Chapter eleven - Italian pub

Alex:

When they'd reached the old vintage ford truck - dark blue colored - they drove towards the pub l'usignolo. Alex had learned how to drive a car in time and even got himself an license - which was predictable, otherwise Rick wouldn't have lend him his car. Only stupid people would lend their car to an unskilled person.

'This is it.' Alex stepped out and got himself one of his suitcases, gazing at Nigel as he pointed out at the door. 'Come on.' He again expected Nigel to follow him. He closed the locks of the truck and played some with the keys in his hands, preparing to give them back to the owner.

'Rick,' Alex smiled suspiciously as he walked in the pub, pulling out his jacked to clamp it underneath his armpit. He snorted and licked his lips, gazing at Nigel for once to see if he still followed him - he quite did that a lot, afraid he would leave him or so after what happened. He would totally understand that, somehow.

'Alex,' a tinted man - with a little mustache and black long hair in a little knot - answered while throwing his towel on the bar. 'What a pleasure to see you again! How can I help you in this late afternoo- oh wait, I meant early evening. I see you brought a friend with ya.' Rick had this American mixed with Italian accent as he spoke out his sentences. When Alex wanted to pull Nigel closer to him so he could let him introduce himself, he suddenly heard a high pitched indignantly voice coming up. It sounded familiar and Alex felt how the blood seemed to leave his face. Oh god no, he thought. He immediately got nervous and tried to swallow that lump away as he gazed quickly at Nigel through his eye corners. He would've expected this. How could he have been so stupid to go to this place?

'Alex!' he heard somebody shouting now, the same voice. 'How do you dare to show your face again, idiota! Don't I told ya to stay away for the rest of your life? Getting laid and cheating afterwards!? Distorsione di velocità, you got me some balls.' Rosie - that was her name - had this highly Italian accent as she spoke, pursing her with red lipstick covered lips disgusted as she looked up to Alex. She flattened her hand and slapped it straight against Alex his cheek - the cheek that got hitted by Nigel earlier. Luckily it wasn't that hard, but he definitely felt it - twice as hard since it already hurted. He placed his hand on his jaw and moved it a bit, thinking it was out of its socket. How embarrassing was this?

'And who's that?' she continued. 'You brought another cheater with ya?' Her eyes investigated Nigel his face and body as she lifted her chin suspiciously, waving with the edges of her skirt like she was about to dance any moment. She smirked a second 'Hopefully he isn't such a cazzo as you?' She walked towards Nigel and tilted her head, smiling mischievous and gazing back to Alex afterwards. 'He's handsomer than you are...' she stopped and clenched her jaws. 'But younger too.'

'Ai ai,' Rick hissed as he stepped backwards. He tried not to laugh out loud and tapped Nigel on his shoulder, pointing out at the stairs like he had to come upstairs with him. 'Come, I'll show you the attic where you two can stay as long as you want. I bet this isn't going to be over that fast- Rosie and your friend got a large fight when Rosie found out Alex was hanging around with some other girl in the pub. I've never seen my lill' sister so mad.'

He gazed through his eye corners at Alex who had his eyes widened and pulled this scared and awkward face. Rosie was still shouting at him in some odd language what was probably Italian.

'I'm Rick Taranto, by the way.'

Rick gazed up when Rosie wanted to pick up some chair and wanted to throw it towards Alex.

'Abbastanza, abbastanza!' he yelled as he walked towards her. 'Fermarti ora!' Rick took Rosie her shoulders and pulled her back.

'No more drinks for you. Leave him alone.'