Chapter fifteen - Fifty per cent

Nigel:

He raised both his eyebrows, still remotely confused at the scene playing out in front of him. He didn't think there was anything sensual about it.

"A decent foxtrot is a dance, Jack.. These people are just making fool out of themselves." He pointed out. He pulled a face and started drinking from his second glass as if he hoped he could drink these crazy people away.

"I like the drinks, let's keep it at that." he mumbled. Yet he couldn't tear his eyes off the people on the dancefloor. Not because he enjoyed the girls but because it was one of the strangest things he'd ever seen. And he had seen a lot of strange things, mind you.

Alex:

Alex leaned with his back against the bar as he gazed at the content from his glass. He shook some of it what made the ice cubes collide and gazed back at Nigel who stared at him with raised eyebrows.

'Seriously. A foxtrot?' A soft sigh escaped his mouth what has this whiff of an laugh. 'Well, you're not going to find that in here. I guess. They indeed are, Nigel.'

He tilted his head and stared at Nigel who seemed to drink out of misery now - but yet he teared the eyes from the "dancing" girls who even seemed to kiss each other by now. Alex pressed his lips so there couldn't escape him an odd laugh, and he pressed his second glass against his lips, still keeping Nigel in visor by his eye corners.

'You already begin to feel anything? Since you're probably not used to alcohol?' Alex lightly narrowed his eyes and bend towards Nigel now, staring curious at him. 'Ever been drunk before? Guess not?'

Nigel:

He kept staring at the girls dancing, some of the boys desperately trying to get their attention while most of them failed miserably.

"So this is fun?" he asked suddenly.. "Remarkable.. Personally, I don't see how randomly throwing your limbs around on a rapid beat is supposed to mark the word fun."

Nigel took another sip of his glass but when nothing reached his tongue he looked in the glass to find it was already empty. He shrugged and put the glass back.

"I guess.." he mumbled. He wasn't out of the world yet, or anything, however he did give a more relaxed impression already than before. "But no, I've never been drunk before and I don't intent to get drunk tonight, Jack."

Alex:

Alex flattened his hand and slapped it against his forehead as this hiccup-laugh escaped his throat. Hilarious, how Nigel described this all so incredibly funny. For a second, he'd seen a very odd view in his head. He inhaled deeply to sigh afterwards and shook his head.

'I love your enthusiasm. You're hilarious, you know that? Well- Let's say. Apparently this is what people of our age remark as fun. Come on, be honest. It's quite fun, isn't it? I mean, look at those guys their faces. Some of them are looking desperate. Apparently the girls have more interest in themselves and other girls instead of those buys.'

He pursed his lips when he noticed Nigel his glasses were empty. Alex speedily emptied the last bit of his own glass as well and grabbed Nigel his shoulder, turning him towards the bar now as he bend towards him.

'Well, let's take another drink then, since the girls doesn't seem to amuse you. What about a little game? You and me. The one who gets his victory- will be rewarded.' Alex licked his lips as this stupid grin crossed his lips again. 'Goldstrike. It's a Dutch kind of cinnamon liqueur that you have to drink with an act.'

He kept his mouth about the high alcohol percentage. Nigel would notice that afterwards...

Nigel: