Chapter twelve - Casanova

Alex:

Alex had cocked his head lightly - almost unnoticeable - as Nigel looked up, straight in his eyes. Eye contact. It was like they both entwined at that moment, and Alex froze as he waited for the answer Nigel was going to give. He wanted him to promise of course. As soon as he told him there was something wrong, Alex blinked a bit confused - feeling how guiltiness flooded his body.

'Good,' he softly replied him, nodding once as he had struggles with his voice now who seemed to get itself an whole other pitch - more hoarse like he had to choke out that word. He parted his lips and looked at him again. Then, after a few seconds, someone knocked on the door.

As Nigel stepped away, Alex straightened his back again and scratched his chin for a moment, staring at the floor like he was commenting it.

'Come in,' he said now as he gazed up to the door and walked towards it to open it. He knew Rick couldn't open it if he wore a mattress in his hand. He gazed at Nigel before he opened the door, like he wanted to say him another thing, but then decided to swallow in his words again.

The door swung open and Rick stepped in while loudly talking. Alex had never seen Rick mad or something. It was like Rick had no other mood than optimistic and enthusiastic. Alex pursed his lips and nodded friendly when Rick plopped the mattress on the ground. Alex immediately shut his eyes and held his breath when he got flooded by dust. Perfect.

Some big dots of dust hang in his hair now and he couched when he couldn't held his breath any longer by the itchy feeling in his throat.

'Oh, I'm sorry my friend. It wasn't my intention to do that. If you would've told me you would come, I would've cleaned the mess up in here.'

Alex smiled a bit and squeezed the tip of his tongue with his fingers when he tried to get some dust off it.

'Iihhhj okhay,' he replied him with this odd voice since he still held his tongue between his fingers.

Nigel:

A crooked smile formed around Nigel's lip when the matrass dropped and blew a cloud of dust over Alex, but his eyes remained cold and unreadable as before. He didn't really understand why Rick apolegized. They should already be gratefull to him, that he let them stay. He didn't say this, though. He didn't speak much at all, as usual.

Only when Rick had left the room again did he walk up to Alex and he picked a part of dust out of his hair.

"Another one bites the dust," he mumbled teasingly, more to himself than to Alex. He brushed his entire hand through Alex hair then to remove the dust from there.

"We should go out tonight," he said suddenly, as if it was already decided. "No duty, we'll just have fun, I promise."

Alex:

As Alex finished removing the dust off his tongue - or at least he thought so - he couched again and pressed the back of his hand against his mouth. He smiled, though, and gazed up at Rick who wanted to prepare the bed to be sleepable.

'Oh, that's not necessary Rick. You've already did so many things for us. I owe you something by now.'

Rick smiled politely and nodded, gazing once as Nigel and leaving the room afterwards.

Alex had stared at him when he left, not expecting Nigel to pick the dust out of his hair. He flinched for a moment and licked his lips - trying not to show he got lightly shocked by Nigel's sudden move. Then, when Nigel brushed his whole hand through his hair, he dropped his gaze to his shoes and tried to smile a bit as he chuckled under is breath.