Chapter six - Go away

Alex:

Alex had swallowed when Nigel had locked his eyes on his. He had pressed his lips as Nigel had spoke, but didn't gave any reaction on it. Like was said, he was confused, and for a moment he was about to give in everything. Forgiving Nigel for what he had done, and telling him he would be allowed to come back into his life again. They were united, after all - like Nigel had said.

It was then that the loud knocking on the door had broken those thoughts, and brought him right back to his previous status. Irritated, exhausted and lightly drunk. He swallowed and had pushed Nigel away as he had commanded him to leave - which Nigel hadn't for the first place. Instead of Nigel walking away, he served Alex an cold and angry stare. Just when he had spoke those cutting calm sentences, Alex seemed to fall into that old attitude again. Weak and sad, for a moment. When he was about to tell Nigel he didn't meant it like that, another knock on the door got audible, which pulled him back into reality after all.

'What else could I do? We could've been together by now, Nigel. You have been loved... by me. We could've been lovers, but you left. So these are the consequences. I'm trying to move on with all that I've left, which is nothing.'

'Alex?'

A ladies voice got audible, and Alex swallowed. It was Isabelle, of course.

'Coming,' he answered quite hesitating, like he didn't wanted to in the first place. As he wanted to gaze back at Nigel again, he noticed he had already left. And for a moment he thought it had been really an illusion - till he saw the shadow of Nigel disappear in the dark of the kitchen.

Alex walked towards the front door and opened it, trying to smile as charming as he could - trying not to show any of his weakness he had shown to Nigel a couple of seconds ago. He really hoped Isabelle hadn't heard any of their conversation.

'Missus...'

Nigel:

"Well hello sir,"

She said, smiling that teasing smile, and she lend forward to kiss Alex, but stopped when she saw the look in his eyes. She might have no idea about Alex' past, she was not stupid either.. And she wouldn't be fooled either.

"You look.. shaken.." she said finally, lifting a hand to touch his cheek again, but more in a worried way this time.

"Are you alright?"

Alex:

A vague sparkle appeared in Alex his eyes as Isabelle began to spoke and served him that teasing smile. Normally it would've done more with him, than just the vague sparkle in his eyes of being pleased. But this time he couldn't enjoy her smile just as much as he normally did. As she bends forward to kiss him, he didn't felt her full lips upon his. In contrary. Isabelle seemed to notice something. Alex swallowed, and smiled weakly.

'I'm totally fine,' he replied her comforting, pressing his lips softly upon hers to let that kiss come anyway. 'I'm just a bit nervous.' He stepped backwards to let her come inside, and swallowed afterwards. '-about showing the house, of course,' he continued quickly after that last sentence, as if it would be odd if he didn't. He closed the door behind Isabelle and smiled lightly again,

'The house is such a mess. I got lightly shocked when you knocked on the door, noticing I hadn't cleaned everything up yet. That explains the spilled gin on the floor of the living room. I had already made us some drinks.'

Nigel:

She didn't seem to buy the 'I'm totally fine' at first, but when you kissed her she decided to drop it. If there was something you wanted to tell her, you'd do it, so she thought.