Chapter seven - Four years compared with eternity

Nigel:

Nigel knew Alex was calling for him, that he wanted him to come back. They shared their minds now after all.. But Nigel didn't come. Not immediately at least. He felt betrayed by Alex, who as good as tried to erase him from his memories. He picked her,- that godawfull creature,- over him. He claimed to have an excuse.. He claimed to think Nigel wouldn't come back. But hadn't Nigel told him multiple times to be patient? That he was still there?

Alex didn't even knew at the moment he betrayed him. Well he was to know now, the hard way. And Nigel didn't plan to go back there all night. He didn't want to go back there for a week. But.. There was one thing changing his mind despite himself. He could hear Alex' every thought, feel his every emotion. He was truly sorry, - as he ought to be,- and also truly miserable. And Nigel hated it.. seeing his knave weeping and weak. He couldn't stand feeling the pain with him for Nigel wasn't used to pain like that.

So after an hour or three, he walked back to the apartment, not sure what state he'd find Alex in. The door was still unlocked so he didn't knock, instead he just walked in and went looking for Alex.

Alex:

Alex stroked with his hand over his wet face since some tears had ran down his face. A twenty-one year old man crying. How pathetic could he be? Especially because of the reason. He had tried to forsake Nigel in time, hoping he would get his normal life back by that. Of course that didn't went out. Not at all.

As he noticed there was no response, and the dark Alley kept being motionless, he gasped audible and shook his head. He was too late? He wasted everything he had ever wanted in a couple of minutes. He swallowed and went back into his apartment, wiping those tears away which were still running down his cheeks. Once he had promised himself never to cry again, about Nigel. And now he did it, once again.

He knew almost for hundred pro cent sure that Nigel wasn't about to come back anymore because of what he had done to him. He had pushed him away, cursed him, disbelieved him. It was obvious that Nigel didn't wanted to come back anymore. Alex should almost give him all the rights.'

Three hours later, he had dropped his body exhausted on his cranky bed, but he couldn't fall asleep. With his eyes lightly opened he stared at the ceiling, trying to keep his body from trembling and his mouth from cursing. He didn't noticed that Nigel came in... Not yet. He didn't expect that at all.

Nigel:

He found Alex in the bedroom.. He was a trembling mess on the sheets but it seemed he hadn't fallen asleep yet. Nigel took a breath and then knocked the door once to warn Alex he was here. He didn't want to just burst in, for he didn't know how many more surprises Alex could take.

After Alex had taken notice of him he walked to the bed sat down on the edge, looking down at his companion. He didn't say anything for a while and just looked down at him, eyes piercing into his.

"Calm yourself..." he muttered finally, in a soothing voice, moving a hand softly through his hair.

He was trying to tell Alex it would be alright but he was silently choking on the words for he hadn't quite forgiven Alex yet. So in the end he swallowed the words away.

Alex:

Alex bit on his lower lip as he kept staring at his ceiling. Of course he didn't understood this all. Of course he was in shock. Did his dead friend had come back alive? He had to. Isabelle had seen him as well. She had touched him as they had shook each others hand. Poor Isabelle, he thought as he shook his head for now, drowning in his own mind. What had he done to her? She was young, three years younger than he was - not that it mattered. But he knew she was vulnerable.