Chapter fourteen - Scotch

Alex:

'Oi, you, handsome. Want a drive?'

After a second or two he began to laugh and shook is head, trying to make Nigel clear he was sorry for that odd move he'd just made. 'No really. You look handsome in that. You found it by yourself?'

Nigel:

He saw the car from a distance, but his eyes were not mistaken, it was driving away. For a moment the thought someone stole it crossed his minds, for surely Alex wouldn't drive away on him, but then the car turned around and Nigel pursed his lips half-annoyed, half-amused.

When Alex acted like he was 'picking him up', amusement took over the whole of his expression though and he didn't judge Alex for his behavior. He just got into the car at the passengers seat, putting the bag on his lap.

'Yes,' he wanted to say.. But he already knew Alex would know if he were lying so he'd just have to admit it. "I had some help," he said sheepishly, staring out of the window again.

"So where are we going tonight?"

Alex:

As Nigel stepped in, Alex put off the radio and tilted his head, dissatisfied by Nigel's lack of response. He sighed and decided just to roll with his eyes and not to talk about it, a smirk crossed his lips anyway.

As Nigel told him honestly he got some help, Alex nodded with a little smile and started the car, swallowing as he waited for Nigel to put on his seat belt.

'Well, I honestly mean what I've said. I like your new outfit.' He snorted and drove towards some other direction now, not towards their attic in the Italian pub. Just as Nigel, Alex had already clothed himself as well.

'Well,' he started now with a little smirk. 'Since you didn't wanted to go to that stripclub – what  I honestly understand. I have never been there either, let's make that clear. I thought why wouldn't we just go to some random bar where they have music and all this stuff, and we're going to catch up. You know? Have this small talk, about what happened- About.. Not, what happened. But just a small talk about- Yeah. Just a small talk. Let's go.'

Within twenty minutes they'd reached the bar Alex wanted to visit, and he gazed up to Nigel - wondering what he was thinking about this all.

'You honestly need to be a little bit older than seventeen, to enter that place and such. But-' Alex came towards him and rubbed his hands roughly through his hair. 'With that messy hair and some... sturdy, seducing smile, you'll be able to enter that place anyway. Otherwise, I'll have my ways. Come on.'

Nigel:

At first Nigel didn't answer because Alex was mocking him again. He wasn't used to compliments after all. But when he said it a second time Nigel nodded, believing him apparently.

"Thanks.." he mumbled with his gaze still turned to the window. A random bar sounded great, though.. Better than any stripclub. He would just be able to talk to Alex and that would be enough for him. He did wonder why he had to be older to get in there then. He didn't question it, though.

Once they got there he got out of the car and he stared at the bar with an unsure expression. After all he had never done this before. He looked at Alex for support, who messed up his hair and told him to smile sturdy and seductive. So naturally Nigel tried it first on Alex.. But it was more the kind of smile that said: 'I'm going to kill you softly and then eat your soul.' ... Well if it didn't seduce anyone it would at least scare them.

Alex:

Alex tapped the wheel of the car again and licked his lips, focusing his eyes on Nigel as he really wanted to make him clear that he didn't had to act like some seventeen year old nerd. Not because he would get thrown out otherwise - which he wouldn't. But because he would otherwise perhaps got beaten or anything since some guys in there could be... "bitchy"