Chapter five - I am real

Alex:

Alex brought the glass of gin towards his mouth again, and took a little sip as she chuckled. The way she smiled back to him made him feel warm inside. Something he hadn't felt since a long time. The mischief and tease in her voice made the corners of his lips curling up. How delightful, how she tried to play hard to get. It was obvious she was going to stay at night. There was this gaze in her eyes, which was just so clearly explaining everything.

As she lifted the Martini towards her lips and finally emptied the bottom of the glass, Alex did the same with the gin which was still in his glass. The burning feeling hurted now, but he didn't give a thing about that. As she spoke she was about to change her clothes now, he smiled charming.

'Perfect. I look forward to see you at ten O'clock then.'

Before he could even make a move, she already threw quickly some money on the bar what made him roll his eyes now. Of course, she was stubborn. Women were stubborn. He licked his lips to taste the gin once again and swallowed, watching how she made her way towards the exit. How she touched him in some ways what made his head go crazy.

'I will,' he grinned afterwards.

After that he stood up as he threw some money on the bar as well, and he made himself a way towards my marvelous apartment around the corner of the street.

As he entered the living room of his apartment, he extended his arm to touch the wall - so he could find that cracky light switch. Before he could actually switch on the lights, he heard an familiar voice coming from the end of the room. He swallowed and chocked his head.

Then, suddenly the light switched on, and there he sat. The pale skinny boy with the dark hair and the bright blue eyes. Alex swallowed and bit on his lower lip, displeased by this appearance - this illusion.

'For fucks sake! Why don't you just go-'

Alex gritted his teeth and hitted his head once with his clenched fist. Why, for God’s sake why, did this have to happen on the night that could perhaps change his life?

'Giving you a drink? Man, you've never drunk before. I don't want to let yourself get killed twice, Nigel.'

Alex pressed his lips and grabbed the bottle of gin from the dresser in the hall. He walked towards the sideboard in the living room and took two glasses from it, filling them with gin - but not giving Nigel one of them yet.

'What are you doing in here? Why are you tormenting me again? Go to the light you dick. You should've come back when I needed you, all these years.'

Nigel:

He put both feet back on the ground and sat further to the front, studying Alex' from head to toe. He hadn't been able to look at him in a while.. He was in his head, after all, seeing everything through his eyes. And his ghost didn't travel along to London with Alex. And though he wouldn't dare to admit, it pained him to see Alex like this, hitting his own head at the sight of him.

"You look.. awfully thin. Are you still living on gin and smoke these days?"

He cocked his head and lifted his eyebrows.

"I didn't drink before indeed.. The more reason to try, Alex.. I want to know what you find so engaging about it."

He pursed his lips when he told him to go to the light already. That he should've come when he needed Nigel. It actually managed to flare some anger in him. But he managed to suppress it, just like he always did.

"Perhaps I would have come back sooner, if you had actually worked with me instead of trying to drain me out of your system. Coming back hasn't exactly been easy, Jack, or pleasant."

Like Minds II - Once we'll be unitedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें