Chapter eighteen - Secondary needs

Alex:

Alex tilted his head as he pinned his green eyes on his blue stargazers. His lips got parted as he lightly narrowed his eyes, like he was scanning his face for the wound which had once been there, on the right side of his face. His fingers went again to that spot as he gently stroked it, afraid that his skin would break by his touch or so. He still found it fascinating, how it totally had mend. How he didn't came back with an hole in his face - which was probably for the best. It would be much harder to face him then.

Alex pressed his lips thoughtfully now as Nigel explained these things, about the feeling stuff. It was quite blurry, though - especially when he suddenly broke his sentence to answer something briefly afterwards. A little smile appeared on Alex his face as he hit his eyes to Nigel his socks. He knew how he was. He just had no idea how to put the feelings into words - which was understandable. It was hard, sometimes. He could give him that.

'I don't know,' Alex answered when Nigel asked about the reason of his question. He shrugged his shoulders and pursed his lips now, pulling up one nostril what created this thoughtful expression on his face. Now he didn't knew how to change his feelings into words.

'I just wondered, how it must have been like to be unseen, and to be unable to feel anything - in touching, because I think you still felt anger, sadness and such.'

When Alex realized that Nigel mentioned he would probably be able to live without all these touches, he swallowed. He narrowed his eyes more, gazing at his hands now which he had pulled back. After a few seconds, he gazed up again.

'Could you really live without this?'

He slowly bend towards Nigel as he placed his hand upon his shoulder, the other buried underneath the hair in his neck. He didn't mean those touches, though. He meant the touch which was about to come now, as soon as his lips touched Nigel's.

It was only then that it happened, that their lips collided again, that he understood how much he had missed his touch. The touch of his lips. Of course Alex had kissed, in the time that Nigel was gone, but not- not with him of course.

Nigel:

Nigel shrugged his shoulders, remembering his days unseen and unnoticed. But though he could remember everything, it still seemed a blurry period of his life, like it happened to someone else than him..

"No more than usual," he answered. This wasn't entirely true, though. There had been a lot of relief at times and a lot of despair. Especially when Nigel found James.. and when he thought he lost his last shot of help to come back when James woke up during his ritual. One that probably wouldn't have worked anyway.

He didn't move away when Alex touched him. He just stared at him questionably, like he didn't quite understand where Alex was going at. When Alex suddenly kissed him

Nigel froze lightly, and felt puzzled all over again. He didn't move away, though, and after a few seconds he finally allowed himself to get carried away in it. He pulled himself even closer to Alex, against him really so he could return the kiss. He left one hand on Alex' chest as he didn't really know where else to put it and wrapped the other arm around him.

Alex:

Alex actually didn't even cared about Nigel his reply anymore. As soon as he decided to shut every door around him, and to just do the sudden move he was about to make, he couldn't care about anything. He didn't thought about the consequences. He didn't thought about how he could screw everything up even more by this move. He only thought about one thing, and that was his touch on that moment.