Chapter sixteen - Pink Bambi Upsy Diasy Apple Juice

Nigel:

"Well you should.. like I said.. barbed.. sharp.. Highly dangerous. They're weapons, Jack. Okay.. You're welcome any time."

He pushed himself off the stool but held on to the bar so he wouldn't fall down the moment he got up.

"I need to use the bath-thingroom. They do have these don't they?"

He stumbled off then, swaying lightly, through the dancing crowd while he didn't even know where the toilets where. In this state it wouldn't be likely he'd find one any time soon.

It took at least an hour before he returned and by then it was a loud "JACK!" booming over the sound of the speakers and Nigel basicly threw his arms around Alex as he tried to sit down on the chair.

"Jack! You should-ve.. That place is sooo..-"

He took a deep breath and finally managed to put himself on the stool without falling down. As he did it became clear Nigel was walking on his socks and lost his shoes somewhere.

"There's a girl with pink hair here, Jack.. PINK! Like.. What did they put in her drinks to get pink hair."

His eyes widened suddenly and he grabbed Alex' face to make him look at him.

"What color is my hair?"

Alex:

Alex widened his eyes and slapped his hand against the bar, gazing up as he turned his face towards Nigel's.

'No, really? They are weapons!?' His mouth fell open and he grabbed Nigel his head with both of his hands. Before he began to speak incredibly softly, he looked around suspiciously. 'Okay, well- Listen. The next time, we're going to use a cat's penis, right? I mean, your idea is marvelous- Great. Good job, Nigel. I believe in you.'

He tapped his shoulder again and inhaled deeply, throwing his cigarette in the ashtray and licking his lips. When Nigel got up - almost falling because he could barely stand on his feet - Alex looked a bit confused around, first thinking he was about to leave. He couldn't- He couldn't leave, right? When he mentioned he had to go to the bathroom, Alex made this gesture with his hand like he could go.

'Sure, good luck with that. Call me with- the phone you don't have whenever you need me. I'm chilling here.'

Alex didn't really noticed Nigel had been gone for at least an hour. Yet, he did noticed it was taking longer than usual. But, as soon as the barmaid served him another drink, he decided not to worry about it - and after ten minutes he even fell asleep.

When the hour had passed, he suddenly heard Nigel shouting his name - like he had done before that night when he died. Alex immediately got up, looking confused around as he muttered something.

'I'm awake-' he mumbled as Nigel suddenly threw his arms around Alex. He blinked and looked down at Nigel, feeling how he grabbed his face. Alex pursed his lips and swallowed, searching for Nigel his eyes which were pointed at his.

'What is it? Have you already shit gold? That's completely normal after Goldstrike. Your poo is going to be goddamn expensive, dude.'

As Nigel suddenly began to speak about some girl with pink hair, Alex noticed Nigel his shoes were gone when he looked down.

'Where the hell are your shoes?'

He gazed up, slowly beginning to notice where this was about to go to. He swallowed - not being able to totally understand it yet - and laughed a bit when Nigel asked him that question.

'Pink? Your hair can't get- Bloody pink by drinking stuff... The hell Nigel- Are you high or some?'

He had this breathless laughy-hiccup again as he gazed at Nigel his hair, stroking through it like he was inspecting his hair for fleas.